Life and Decks

danswift

16:04:2010

Its six years to the day that I

lost my brother and my best friend

his name was Deeswift and theres a rumour going around that apparently he was pretty good on the cut :((

So if you have a few minutes to spare today, play this for him.

thanks DV..

danswift

• Like 13

I remember first hearing that file back in 2002 and going "WTF!". I must have heard Dee cut before that a little via the various angry message boards but a full 8 mins was fucking dope. Reminds me a lot of Qbert/Camel Bobsled Race in the best way possible. Shame our paths never crossed in person, even though I was a bit more active in those days (well at least writing for Skratchworx and going to trade shows).

Life can be a real fucker sometimes - all the best Dan, I will toast to Dee later for sure.

• Like 1

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Absolutely god damn dope :8

A very talented man with mad skills that was lost far to soon, in respect of Dee I'm going to play this loud and proud. If you have any more of your brothers work Dan that you can share with us then please do mate, I'm sure I'm not the only one here that would love to listen to it.

My thoughts are with you, your family and friends on this difficult day mate.

• Like 1

I still have some of his files from back in the day, I think it's was snatch or maybe early DV and remember all the "post a file bitch" madness and was dicovering all these amazing dj's I had never heard of before and 90% of which I have forgotten but Dee is one of the ones that I never forgot about coz he was on some next shit that I didn't even understand back then.

Abasalute beast.

Peace to you Dan

RIP Deeswift

• Like 1

Has it really been 6 years already? R.I.P. Dee.

He was a wicked guitarist too: -

All the best, Dan.

EDIT - I used that album cover when I put that song on YouTube, because it's where Dee got the name "Digital Vertigo" from - it's the name of one of the tracks, and the reason this forum is called what it is.

• Like 3

Guest petesasqwax

Damn, Dan - 6 years? You know how I feel about your bro, man - without question the absolute best I ever had the fortune to cut with. I always feel like I struck it lucky in the geographical lottery by ending up growing up around Sheff and Dee being here just served to further reinforce that. Huge love to him, to you and to the whole family, mate.

• Like 1

@ everyone..

thank you for all the kind words guys

they're very much appreciated by myself and my family,as you can imagine its a pretty difficult day of the year especially for my parents, but they saw your comments and they were very touched by what they read

so on behalf of them and myself thanks again DV

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

@ JHouse

@ broke

Much respect for your comments fellas

Ive been going thrugh a load of his master recordings recently

Im aiming at bringing some more of Dees music out (with the assistance of Petesasqwax) on cd which I will be making available for free to anyone on DV who would like to own copies