what is the best serato dj control vinyl

I meant to ask this a while ago...

I bought the glow in the dark ones not long ago, but they seem to not work as good as the standard black ones that came with Serato.

Do all control records work across all versions of Serato?

Serato also have a 'performance' range of discs that are more expensive. Apparently the control signal is 6db louder, which makes for for better tracking and somehow makes them more durable.

Why they can't make them all like this I'll never know but if you can afford them, I'd go for those. LOL

Edited by joeClockwork

• 3 weeks later...
Guest broke

Serato also have a 'performance' range of discs that are more expensive. Apparently the control signal is 6db louder, which makes for for better tracking and somehow makes them more durable.

Why they can't make them all like this I'll never know but if you can afford them, I'd go for those. LOL

The problem is they have been known to cause "skipping" during some juggles, even in REL mode. It's something to do with the louder signal distorting if you rewind really quickly.

• Like 1

The problem is they have been known to cause "skipping" during some juggles, even in REL mode. It's something to do with the louder signal distorting if you rewind really quickly.

Really? So it's actually better and cheaper to get the bog standard discs. Cool!

I guess if you're having trouble with needle picking up the tone due to being in a big club or crappy needles you could get the newer remastered ones that are 6db louder. I bought some before I gave up on Ortofon and it was actually kinda annoying since I only really DJ at home with the volume low so I was able to hear the tone it was so loud.

It pretty much only has one purpose and its all the same.

Just make sure to ge the 2.0 vinyls. if youre scratching dont go for the glass ones cause its alot heavier than the wax and it feels alot different.

Is that the same with the Artist Series? They seem maybe heavier too.

Good to know. Not that I juggle or anything :p