Nanofader boards

Guest rasteri

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rasteri

I dunno, you could try cutting the cable that links the EQ/pitch board and splicing into that, but I've never tried it.

You can't have fucked it up too badly surely? I've kinda fucked up the pads on mine from repeated soldering but I just run wires to nearby components now.

I dunno, you could try cutting the cable that links the EQ/pitch board and splicing into that, but I've never tried it.You can't have fucked it up too badly surely? I've kinda fucked up the pads on mine from repeated soldering but I just run wires to nearby components now.

The solder on the board (or whatever you call it lol) itself came off but thats it. Thats a good news then...pt01 not completely done

Thanks man! How did you run wires to nearby components? Any pics by any chance?

Guest rasteri

You wanna be soldering to anywhere on this trace (marked with the red line) :

Either scrape the soldermask (green stuff) off the trace itself and solder to that, or solder onto the two intact pads further along the trace.

• Like 3

New Nanofaders batch : white pcb edition !

Only 10 pieces ... Grab yours now !

Indeed, where to grab one from?

(and is it possible to buy a populated one, or at least one with all the surface mount components, as to avoid having to chase all those tiny parts down)

• Like 1

New Nanofaders batch : white pcb edition !

Only 10 pieces ... Grab yours now !

Indeed, where to grab one from?

(and is it possible to buy a populated one, or at least one with all the surface mount components, as to avoid having to chase all those tiny parts down)

I have the same question, is it the pcb by itself? or is it completed and functioning? thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

so I caved in and had a few nanofader boards made, currently awaiting on them in the post. Anyone have a list of components needed to solder onto the board to complete it? I'm new at this but very willing and researching and learning, I purchased 10 boards knowing that I'm sure I will screw something up while attaching the components - I'll chop it up to the learning process no problem :p

• Like 3

Guest rasteri

Naw that's from a much older version, the circuit changed a lot since then.

I did find this - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfgga1LsTm__UrI4FbiULyJIIjrYHxAyfg8nGKcogRA/edit?usp=sharing

But it's also from an older version. Some of the components have changed (e.g. the voltage regulator has gone and most of the schmitt trigger section is different) and the farnell part numbers aren't likely to be all that useful outside the UK (although Newark seems to share a lot of the same part numbers). But it's a starting point anyway, just remember to check all the components against the schematic.

If you remind me after new year I'll have time to update it then.

• Like 2

Guest rasteri

Also the more I look at the nanofader the more I wanna do it better. The nano was just a quick hack to help homies get a proper fader into their pt-01s, then the whole portablism thing took off so I just kept making more.

Now we have people actually making and selling their own versions for non-pt01 uses, which is cool, but they have loads of problems. E.g. the output amp self-oscillates badly because there's no capacitor in the feedback loop, the virtual ground circuit is a fucking abomination, the TL074 is a terrible choice of opamp for a comparator, the zero crossing detection thing is essentially a hack compared to a proper VCA, etc etc.

Doesn't help my email address is on all the boards either, I keep expecting a proper electronic engineer to come across one and call me a twat, haha :)

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Hi Rasteri, I bought the nanofader V1.2 at Open Format, I found that there is a tiny litter sound leaking out when I close the fader, tried connect the "W" to the "G" next to it, adjusted the R3 potentiometer but still the same, can't really hear with the PT speaker but very tiny sound with headphone when fader close, is it normal or just me? Thanks~

Edited by mikekimonkey