Who's the winner?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Dooban/Forayem
    • Fayc
    • Symatic
    • Pete Sasqwax

Guest Symatic

I went for fayc, but it was well close. Petes is great but i decided he cant win again, yeah id be shit at running elections.

Doobs is sick also but i think fayc took it cos i liked the way he mixed time signatures up

• Like 1

Hmm, starting to think I should of pumped the volume up on mine a little more!

Tweaking master loudness up and down is the eternal turmoil of the DIY producer. In truth there is no right answer and what's best depends so much on where you listen to your music. We all need to get rich and just pay sound engineers I suppose...

Holy shit Doob. You knocked it out the park. I think you found your calling. I'd pay for a full album if you made it. Really nailed it.

Also really liked what you were doing Sy. Very close runner up for me.

Great all around guys. True inspiration. I'm in on the next one.

• Like 1

Holy shit Doob. You knocked it out the park. I think you found your calling. I'd pay for a full album if you made it. Really nailed it.

Haha thanks man I agree! I was watching scratch again the other day and realised that the stuff I've become interested in has changed over time. Not so much scratching any more and more digging and beat making. Kind of cool!

I'm in on the next one.

Yeah man! Don't hear nearly enough stuff from you.

I still don't know how to vote on this...

Doob - love it, it just gets better as it builds and I'm hearing your own definined style more and more now. Also I should mention that I started making a beat from the same loop you built off. But I struggled to get beyond a nice loop and when I heard your take on it, it kind of shut me down!

Fayc - really blew me away with this one. Not only did I rupture a couple of neck muscles, it really got stuck in my head. In a way it's got things about it that remind me of beats I tried to make when I first started out and reminded me of good things I've kinda forgotten and need to return to. That probably makes no sense, but basically you made me want to fire up my computer and get busy. Also, don't worry, they'll be a new record to flip up this week.

Si - is there anything you can't turn your hand to and make dope?! I don't know what you would have sequenced the old fashioned way time permitting, but I'm sure this is better. I love how it starts off solid and just builds and builds until you really start cutting up the melody and vocals and I was pulling all kinds of faces. With this and the other sample flips you done I really rate how you've religiously stuck to the source material as much as possible and bent it to your will - these limitations definitely lead to a sound different to anything I've heard before. We were all a bit wowed with your spontaneous Loopy activity at the last SSS and this just builds on this. Don't stop!

Pete - I've declared my fandom before and this only reinforces that. You've developed your own sound so clearly and I fucking love it! I think you're striking a fine balance between samples and original sounds and when you're being a more experimental with them, it just gets better. The more far out the better for me basically... Adding the cuts was the icing on the cake - more please!

Guest Symatic

Petes got more airtime at work the other day, someone i work with really likes your style dude! Anyway another colleague walked in and said it "sounded like toys dying", i think thats a solid conpliment :)