Technics SL-1200GAE announced

Steve

Are you going to have a play or are they just staying in the box?

Yeah dunno. I'm not really intending on selling them on anytime soon, but I haven't got decent space to set them up safe from two young children.

Those blue pills still raking it in I see.

Interest rates are low peeps, load up on debt before it's too late!

• Like 1

Yeah I suppose I just found the general inability to source any via the web quite odd (e.g. traditional DJ stockists). No idea of how those supply chains really work. Even the official Technics stockist I eventually went to in person didn't seem to know much, and only put some effort in once I pushed them a bit. They told me they were only allocated two units and could not source any more.

I wonder what the true demand for these expensive paperweights really is. Google got me to a few YouTube unboxing video and some random tweets or Instagram pics but not much else.

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

ohhhhhhh. my mate got one for a birthday pressie too. can someone please post a video doing a turtle spin on the platter for old-times sake?

• Like 2

Nice Deft ! ,those look really good from the pictures ive seen online

Talking of ltd edition Technics how much do the original 1200 gold ones go for nowadays ? ive got one at my dads house which hes borrowed to play his classical music lps on ,but he may be getting a Sony or something so im thinking of getting it back from him and i may be up for selling it on

Its in immaculate condition and has never been used for anything other than occasional listening

I'll admit I regret not getting a pair of original gold ltd. Richer Sounds knocked them out pretty cheap in the end, £500 each but I was a relatively poor student back then. Probably best as my mates would have trashed them no doubt.

I'd probably spunk a couple of grand on a pair of mint / unopened golds but I've never seriously looked.

• Like 1

It's hard to accurately value Tech's these days, thanks to a wealth of speculators and piss-takers.

The normal MKII models are about £250-350 depending on condition for normal secondhand ones, avoiding speculators with their 'mint' items. The prices for the MK3,4,5 and 5g kind of ascends from there... Maybe hitting up to about £500-600 for a MK5g, again ignoring big price set sale speculator prices.

You've got to be on for at least £500-600 for a decent secondhand Ltd Gold one, maybe more?

• Like 2

Ok Dan, I looked on eBay. Plenty of mint/new at speculative set sale prices of £1,500 to over £2,500.

Looking at items that have actually sold though, I see a couple of new ones in the £1,500 type of price range have sold and two honest secondhand ones have gone for about £700. Depending on the condition of yours, I guess you have a safe £700+. It probably depends on how long you want to wait to sell it and how lucky you get.

Thanks mate ,the ones ive looked at in the past all seemed to fluctuate quite wildly in price

The one i have is in top notch condition and as i said has had very limited use and hasnt been used for cutting on or been transported around ,it just sits there in its shiny black & gold magnificence , occasionally spinning The Magic Flute by Mozart and Beethovens 9 th Symphony or something of that ilk thats usually played on a harpsichord hehe

• Like 1

Obvs dan keep me in mind if you ever are desperate to get rid, though really I need a pair!

Will do mate :((

Were there 10,000 of the golds? I can never remember.

Yeah 10,000 were made and mines number 077 in the series

• 2 weeks later...

Why would anybody buy that overpriced crap, i Built my own 12 from completely new spares, cost £1200, and i was taking the piss, just to see if it was possible to get all the parts, don't get me wrong, i understand the prospecting as an investment thing, but nobody is going to buy one to use, surely ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...