There any controllers that have a hamster mode?

The latest vestax 05 model faders send midi (intended for ssl video) so I mapped the 05 xfade to Traktors virtual xfade to see what the performance was like, no difference, cuts on point.... and there's the Z2, which is essentially used as a midi controller when in Traktor mode, all the hardware faders and rotaries control Traktors virtual mixer.

MIDI is def up to scratch (yup), but in terms of actual controllers I don't think there's anything out that resembles a decent basic midi scratch mixer. Me personally I've always liked the idea of commissioning a pretty looking custom hi quality midi mixer with jus the 3 faders with curves, fader reverse, channel swap, a couple of cue buttons and filter knobs all presented in wooden case, metal top synth kinda thang, about half the length of an 06. Alas, think I'd jus end up being disappointed with it not being pos to use it as a real computer-less mixer tho

Edit-actually there is the Akai AMX, 2 channel, mini inno, very small format mixer controller and runs serato dj dvs, stiff lines fades tho

• Like 1

Yeah im just looking at maybe the Numark Mixtrack Pro II to get back in cutting and using serato as i stopped cutting as this stuff started to come in, so just wondering if this can be switch hamster style or any one ones around this price can be ? Cheers

Guest rasteri

The mixtrack pro can do crossfader reverse with Serato DJ / Intro. I can't remember where it is in the menu but the keyboard shortcut is CTRL-SHIFT-R if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rasteri

Oh sorry yeah, the mixtrack pro is probably the best controller in that price range, the DDJ-SB2 is also good but a bit more pricey. Basically any of the serato DJ controllers should support hamster mode.