a question for my inter-web-wizards

Bubba

Hi guys,

I thought I might ask you guys, as some of you are very well equipped to dig around on the interweb and you may have some info to help.

My wife has basically scammed herself, by trying to order a medicinal product of the internet - she didn't tell me before. I said to her (after the fact), that she must be nuts, because pharmaceutical stuff via the web is like the most profitable scamming business in the world.

Anyways, she gets replies from their support team, saying that they'll reimburse her the 250+ USD she spent on their (yes, it nicely got deducted from her CC), but the money never hits her account. Go figure.

Anyways, I tried searching the origin of the webpage (med-easy.com) and ran it through legit-script

only to find that it's the page is managed by a company called easy dns, which seems to me to be this weird platform for people to build rogue websites and what not, but there may be some security aspect to it, I don't quite understand.

Anyways, all that I want to do is scare the shit out of the person who actually runs the site (or similar) so I'm trying to figure out, how to maybe get hold of some "deep info" of the web-page so that I can write an email to the support team and you know state a couple of things to have em wondering. I know it'll never get the lost money back, but still thought it might be a fun thing to do.

My only concern by doing that is that I'm gonna get hacked by the people running the website :) haha. Oh well.

Anyways, just wondering if you might have some pointers. I told my wife to drop the issue and get on with life. And never to try and shop some shit off the internet.

Cheers,

Oli

If she paid by credit card, have you tried contacting the card company? In the UK, you would be able to get your money back. I'm not sure what the law is wherever you are though.

Try emailing abuse@easydns.com and making a complaint. You could also CC the email to the following: -

abuse@nforce.com

abuse@us.leaseweb.com

noc@voxility.com

abuse@plusserver.de

Those are the 4 name servers the site appears to be currently using based on this: -

https://who.is/whois/meds-easy.com