GZA Working With Vangelis on New Album

Dan

dope mini-mentary.

i duno steve, off top i cant think of a sequel album that topped or even came close to its original. ghost dropped 12 reasons pt2 and i dont love it at all. cuban linx 2 didnt even deserve to be called that. tical2k was okay. its just profitting off the success of the prior. like raekwon is still juicing cuban linx by dropping the new purple tape sneakers. which are actually pretty sick but aside from that, sequel albums rarely live up.

im really trying to think of a good pt2 and i cant atm for any artist. dr dooom2 and dr octagon2, womp womp. using that label creates a spark in the mind to have high expectations automatically.

i can say imo insidious3 is the best of the 3. 😁

• Like 2

If LS2 does ever come out, I don't expect it to be as good as the first LP. Like you said, sequels rarely are, but I'd love to hear a full GZA LP with every track produced by RZA, assuming they both put in their best work and didn't just phone shit in.

^^now that would be ill. a lot of the beats on wu-member sequels was done by another producer which is why its meh. wutang forever was the shit tho. but thats right about when rza stopped sampling.

i wonder if he orchestrated the afro samurai intro or sampled. shits ill

***now that i listen to it again im pretty sure he sampled himself and chopped his own melodies. either way he killed this beat