original vestax 07

Sold! Nahhh I'll never get rid of it, too many memories :)

I used to love the fader eq when I was using it. It was my mixer for about 4 or 5 years and I loved it. I stopped using my 909 when I got my 62 and now am on the djms9. Each of them have been used extensively and they're all insanely dope for their respective times.

Using the Vestax for sampling is a great shout!

Competewithpete - any mixers with top half black and bottom half gold are automatically tarred with the Vestax brush.

Jon - so quick to turn down offers... I didn't even get to play my £84.50 trump card!

Also, whilst there's obviously nothing wrong with sampling through an 07, I wouldn't with two Pioneers and a Rane sitting there. In my experience getting the fullest, loudest and cleanest sample possible in the first place really makes life easier in the long run. Particularly when it comes to compressing or boosting samples where SNR ratio and avoiding any hums and buzzes you didn't hear on the way in is important. I realise I'm being a bit anal and when the situation dictates, I'll use anything and live with it. But when I get the choice, everything that goes from my records into my computer goes via an Ortofon equipped 1200, Rane or Rodec mixer and balanced cables.

Guest petesasqwax

@sasqwatch so no rane62 eh? i just got a qfo and am debating if i should sell my techs and 07 since idont actually dj, just occasional scratch. but maybe ill just sell one table.

No, man. I'm sure they're great, but I don't cut enough to want/need anything more than a single deck and my 05proIII with the effects loop. It's perfect for my requirements.

@rockwell a 57 would suit my needs i think. i agree with the hum issue tho. i have that sadly. which i discovered that if i unplug the laptop and run in battery, the hum nearly disappears. but ive read thats an issue with my laptop model actually. sony vaio. my old fujitsu was ace! i only upgraded cuz i wanted a 13" as opposed to my 15" fujitsu. i may sell my vaio while i still can to get some coun out of it and prolly get a windows surface which i read is just as powerful as any laptop. just need a usb hub.

anyone use a tablet to do studio work by chance? i know most studios are grounded by desktops. ive always done just fine on my laptop, hdmi to my tv.

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

In my experience getting the fullest, loudest and cleanest sample possible in the first place really makes life easier in the long run. Particularly when it comes to compressing or boosting samples where SNR ratio and avoiding any hums and buzzes you didn't hear on the way in is important. I realise I'm being a bit anal and when the situation dictates, I'll use anything and live with it. But when I get the choice, everything that goes from my records into my computer goes via an Ortofon equipped 1200, Rane or Rodec mixer and balanced cables.

That's not silly, it's sensible practice, esp if you are gonna compress or normalise, etc. it.

Yes, the 07 is noisy, don't dispute that. The difference between that and the 06 is crazy, though. When i got my 07 i thought is was the most noiseless beast ever, cos of the 06. I think the jankiness makes it sound nice, tbh.