Elephone P8000 smartphone

Steve

This looks pretty sweet for those that don't want to spend much on a phone: -

http://www.elephone.hk/p8000.html

It has a 5.5" 1080p screen, 3GB of RAM, a high end 8 core 64 bit CPU, a decent GPU, a pretty massive battery (4,165 mAh), a fingerprint reader, the same 13MP Samsung camera sensor that many high end phones use, it runs the latest version of Android, and it's only $210.

Guest petesasqwax

I'm massively tempted to go for a Chinese phone with my next one and go sim-only on my contract for it. The Elephone is a definite contender

My boss has a Chinese Android phone and something went wrong with it so she took it to a shop and the shop said it was a piece of shit...

I'm still thinking of the Moto G when I upgrade. I'm completely over having a high-end phone.

What's the current Rolls Royce of Android phones? Minimal bloatware and good battery life top priority.

I would wait to see what phones come out this year. I think the last batch of Android flagships were all kinda disappointing in one way or another. Some of them pushed the screen res up to 2,560 x 1,440 and that made the battery life even worse than the previous models. If it wasn't for the mediocre battery life I'd say the S6 Edge is probably the most desirable phone out there with great specs, an excellent camera, and fairly minimal bloat (for a Samsung phone at least). I'm hoping that the next Nexus phone is great as I much prefer phones that run pure Android.

I had the Oneplus One for almost 6 months and loved literally everything about it. The only problem was the software support switched from them being best mates with Cyanogen to worst enemies, and so Android 5 took AGES to come out and when it did it broke a ton of phones because of some kind of touchscreen issue, I don't even know what it was but the long and short of it was my phone became unusable and the support was awful so I had to go after a PayPal refund.

By all accounts they've fixed the issues now, and they're £220. I wish I could recommend them I really do.

I've now got a Sony Xperia Z3. It's... a phone.