Things I still wanna hear from DV members.....

Steve

Chile's album. I've heard a few tracks that are at various stages of completion and most of them I've loved.

A full on multitracked mixtape from Jeff in the style of those electro scratch tracks he makes, but a full hour of that. I know it's a lot of work, but it would be fucking wicked!

A mixtape from Vekked. I know it's not really his thing, but I reckon he'd make a really good one.

A scratch tape from Eric, that's if he can focus for more than 5 minutes. :p

DV Collab Mix 3. OK, now I'm probably asking for the impossible.

• Like 8

Guest Symatic

thing with that dv scratch vid is that everyone will record at different levels and stuff... if its not all recorded on the same kit or recorded with jusg the cuts and no beat, everyone will sound differnet. doenst really matter but depends how professional you want it to be i guess....

I hear ya sy. It wud be a two mixer and ableton jobby just to record the cuts, otherwise like u say it wud probz sound cack. The reason I said it is cos im a big fan of the dj city vids especially the uk one. A dv vid would be awesome though wunt it we cud seperate us into groups some of us do vocal cuts say me,mo,steve etc with combinations of course

And yaself,jam,eric,adam etc do the verse with the aahs +fresshhhhhhh edit it all together in a scratch track format but with video. Cud even have a breakdown drum scratch section. We could all do the cuts to the same looper but edit guy could put it over any full instrumental to give it all a bit more structure. It'll never happen I know but youve gotta admit it would be the coolest vid u ever seen.

Think I need to get a life ;)

I'd like to add to Steve's original post...

I like to see Dopez and P-Nuts win some DMC stuff (it's already started to happen with Dopez winning the Texas DMC heat last night). Apart from both being young, talented and hungry for it, they both do routines I actually like hearing.

I'd also like to see Paul get some live turntable routines out in the world - video, audio or IRL. I've seen a lot of work in progress over the last few months and when it's eventually distilled into publically digestible routines it'll be great - he's doing stuff I'm not seeing anywhere else and although a lot of it is still at the experimentation stage at the minute, when he hits a sweet spot it really is that good. Some ideas are still a fair way off being fully realised and he probably won't thank me for posting this, but I've seen and heard what I've seen and heard and I'm very impressed.

• Like 4

I'd like to add to Steve's original post...

I like to see Dopez and P-Nuts win some DMC stuff (it's already started to happen with Dopez winning the Texas DMC heat last night). Apart from both being young, talented and hungry for it, they both do routines I actually like hearing.

I'd also like to see Paul get some live turntable routines out in the world - video, audio or IRL. I've seen a lot of work in progress over the last few months and when it's eventually distilled into publically digestible routines it'll be great - he's doing stuff I'm not seeing anywhere else and although a lot of it is still at the experimentation stage at the minute, when he hits a sweet spot it really is that good. Some ideas are still a fair way off being fully realised and he probably won't thank me for posting this, but I've seen and heard what I've seen and heard and I'm very impressed.

Took a little time but I've finally done it. Now on #teamserato with my shiny new Rane 62 ;)

• Like 3

Big respect to you for continually working at it and keeping going even when the judge's decision hasn't gone your way in the past. Now it's time to give em hell at the nationals ;) Plus, you've just battled for and won a 62, which is at least as cool as winning at race car in an illegal drag race.

• Like 2

Guest broke

Took a little time but I've finally done it. Now on #teamserato with my shiny new Rane 62 ;)

As I said on FB, congrats! Also, it's so great that you get a 62 for wining at state level. Last year when I retained the state title here, I received a medium size Traktor t-shirt and a single Traktor control record :huh:

To be fair, I also got some Shure headphones and some booze from one of the sponsors, but the single control record and tiny t-shirt seemed a bit random.

• Like 1

Guest broke

thing with that dv scratch vid is that everyone will record at different levels and stuff...

YEAH WE CAN'T ALL AFFORD THOSE FANCY LEADS FOR RECORDING IN STEREO

• Like 2

Hey I Dun brought that ish already yo.

The real kick in the balls was when I found a phono extention cable and some rca to jack adaptors in a bag, after I brought the new ones.

Gutted.com

• Like 2