Derek nearly ditched dj'ing

ericuk

I've had a surge of passion for production and have moved my music room about to accommodate better mix downs and acoustic reflections. I nearly had to pack the deck away but I made it work, albeit a bit tight and cosy. No 2 mixer games. No more 2 handed shit. I'm just right deck man now. Part time scratcher, full time dick head.

• Like 1

I nearly had 1 whole pint of fosters export. My post was partly driven by the boredom of watching the latest hunger games film. The update however, was in fact true. I have my PC in a better position for acoustics and I thought I might have to pack my deck away due to lack of space. I also have thought that practicing on both decks is just slowing my slow progress on one turntable. Its general rambling tbh but real talk. Narmeen :)

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

I also have thought that practicing on both decks is just slowing my slow progress on one turntable.

Agreed. I only do it cos i know that eventually the arthritis in the base of my right thumb will force me to cut on the right eventually so i might as well get myself up to speed before then. Though it has really palpable short term benefits to both your sides it defo slows progress down in the long term, unless you practice for 4-6 hours+ every day.

It only makes sense though, i do 1 to 1.5 hrs most days and essentially (and obv.)1 hour equal half hour each side which ain't enough time really.

Anyway, don't ever give up, Derick, buy the Rodec and rekindle your sex love for cuts!

I nearly had 1 whole pint of fosters export. My post was partly driven by the boredom of watching the latest hunger games film. The update however, was in fact true. I have my PC in a better position for acoustics and I thought I might have to pack my deck away due to lack of space. I also have thought that practicing on both decks is just slowing my slow progress on one turntable. Its general rambling tbh but real talk. Narmeen :)

I too watched the mockingjay pt 1 yesterday. And sadly felt it was a massive let down following the last film. Fell asleep too during the most boring bit though and woke up a bit later, when it seemed to have picked up.

hastaghijack

No more 2 mixer games??? Ive just set mine up for 2 mixer fun and im having the best fun ive had in decades! I can see how concentrating on one side wud be beneficial but for me I like to see a bit of versatility.

2 deck cutters rule !

1 deck cutters u aint old skool!

If I were battling etc I would say that both deck cutting would be well handy, but with my limited practice time I will spend the time on my decks a bit more preciously.

Hunger Games Mocking whatever was dead out. #zzzz

Right Hand Man in the Dead Hand Gang.

If I were battling etc I would say that both deck cutting would be well handy

aye, i wish I could cut both sides. It'd allow for next level juggle control and open up loads more tricky juggle patterns