how do I fix OG VESTAX 05 Bleed?

ericuk

Broke - The faders i've tried both work in my 06 perfectly, which is why I hold the mixer at fault.

Rocky - did you ever buy the 06 that looked fit for the bin?

Sy- One day that would be nice

Rasteri - I've never had to replace a fader! I've only ever cleaned or upgraded :)

Eric - I've heard from a lot of sources that the circuitry in those Mk1 05 mixers is flawed (that's why they were replaced by the MkII so quickly).

According to my "friend" Disk, that all the first run of grey 05's definitely did it and that most of the gold ones did too.

General internet rumor (so, gospel) also suggests that the ones that don't bleed often suffer very soft cut-in or big cut-in distance.

To answer your other question, no.

But what I did do instead was "borrow" a battered old 06 from the school which has been retired and just gathering dust on a shelf for the last year, bought a used Pro X off eBay for £25 and made a surprisingly nice little scratch mixer. To be brutal honest, it does make a very faint click in the audio signal when it cuts... but it's useable and £25, plus it's running of the wrong power supply at the minute.

To answer your other question, no.

But what I did do instead was "borrow" a battered old 06 from the school which has been retired and just gathering dust on a shelf for the last year, bought a used Pro X off eBay for £25 and made a surprisingly nice little scratch mixer. To be brutal honest, it does make a very faint click in the audio signal when it cuts... but it's useable and £25, plus it's running of the wrong power supply at the minute.

I have a PMC06Pro VCA with the Vestax CF-CC and I have noticed that there is a bass "pop" when the curve is set too sharp on that mixer. This can be resolved by routing this mixer into another mixer and killing the bass there but it's just a minor inconvenience. Still a fun little mixer for scratching!

Likewise for mine Dopez. It's faint in the first place and it's running into a master mixer in the studio where I've killed the bass on that too. As long as you're not drumming on it, it's fine for cuts.

It didn't do it with the original PCV in this mixer but that fader had it's own share of weird problems. In my case it could be wear on the old Pro X or just the combo of it with the wrong power supply I'm using.

Actually, I used to have a really old 06 with the Alps faders and when I eventually replaced that with a PCV, it had a slight click too.

Vestax always did have a pretty loose interpretation of quality control though!

Guest rasteri

When you say "bleed", do you mean the sound comes in randomly when the fader is completely closed, or do you mean you can hear the sound very faintly when the fader is closed?