Joint 3rd: Vekked - 8 points
Joint 3rd: DJ K-Swizz - 8 points
5th: The Beat Molester - 6 points
6th: DJ Datflex - 5 points
7th: Deejay Irie - 4 points
8th: Broke - 3 points
9th: The Abbott - 2 points
10th: DJ Notch - 1 point

DJ Nelson (DMC World Supremacy Champion 2011) - Online Final 2014 Judging Results

1st: DJ Erick Jay - 10 points
2nd: Deejay Irie - 9 points
3rd: The Beat Molester - 8 points
4th: Vekked - 7 points
5th: DJ I-Dee - 6 points
7th: Broke - 4 points
8th: DJ K-Swizz - 3 points

Jon 1st (DMC Online Champion 2013) - Online Final 2014 Judging Results

1st: Vekked - 10 points
2nd: DJ I-Dee - 9 points
3rd: DJ Erick Jay - 8 points
4th: Deejay Irie - 7 points
5th: Broke - 6 points
6th: The Beat Molester - 5 points
7th: DJ Datflex - 4 points
8th: The Abbott - 3 points
9th: DJ Notch - 2 points
10th: DJ K-Swizz - 1 point

Damented (DMC World Team Champion 2012) - Online Final 2014 Judging Results

1st: DJ I-Dee - 10 points
2nd: Vekked - 9 points
3rd: DJ Datflex - 8 points
5th: Broke - 6 points
6th: DJ Erick Jay - 5 points
7th: The Beat Molester - 4 points
9th: DJ Notch - 2 points
10th: The Abbott - 1 point

Deska (DMC World Team Champion 2013) - Online Final 2014 Judging Results

5th: DJ Datflex - 6 points
6th: The Beat Molester - 5 points
9th: DJ K-Swizz - 2 points

DJ Dopey (DMC World Champion 2003) - Online Final 2014 Judging Results

3rd: Deejay Irie - 8 points
4th: Broke - 7 points
7th: DJ Erick Jay - 4 points
8th: DJ Notch - 3 points
10th: DJ K-Swizz - 1 point

Fong Fong (DMC Online Champion 2012) - Online Final 2014 Judging Results

1st: DJ Erick Jay - 10 points
3rd: Vekked - 8 points
4th: DJ I-Dee - 7 points
6th: DJ K-Swizz - 5 points
8th: DJ Datflex - 3 points

DJ Shiftee (DMC World Champion 2009 & DMC World Supremacy Champ 2007) - Online Final 2014 Judging Results

4th: DJ Datflex - 7 points
5th: Deejay Irie - 6 points
6th: Broke - 5 points

Jack (Mixfitz) - (DMC World Team Champion 2012) - Online Final 2014 Judging Results

3rd: DJ Datflex - 8 points
5th: DJ Erick Jay - 6 points

DJ Cheese - (DMC World Champion 1986) - Online Final 2014 Judging Results

3rd: Vekked - 8 points
4th: Broke - 7 points
6th: DJ Notch - 5 points
7th: The Abbott - 4 points
8th: The Beat Molester - 3 points
10th: DJ Erick Jay - 1 point

DJ Hertz - (DMC World Team Champion 2013) - Online Final 2014 Judging Results

Joint 1st: DJ I-Dee - 10 points
Joint 1st: Vekked - 10 points

Imo K-Swizz using Atrak's routine is a big no no in a battle, even if it's considered to be a tribute it's still someone elses material, hence why i placed him last. The rest of his set was dope considering the fact he's only been doing it less than a year, but you have to judge everyone under the same criteria, not give him more points because 'he's only been it doing it less than a year and he's young'

I'm surprised only one other judge had Vekked 1st. Idee's set was wicked though, I just thought Jake's was more varied in terms of techniques and patterns, and his first routine is pretty unique. Don't think I've seen someone do a juggle with scratch samples mid cut routine using the sp6 before.

Age shouldn't be a factor and there is no way that you can vote for him over Broke unless you're taking age into consideration.

Mind you, give it a few more years and judges will be taking Broke's age into consideration - just from the other end of the scale. :p

Respect to Broke too, a serious contender no doubt.

Thanks Rock Well! I was hoping for top five but sixth is cool. I hate that whole routine from having done it too much so it's a fair call to me haha

Imo K-Swizz using Atrak's routine is a big no no in a battle, even if it's considered to be a tribute it's still someone elses material, hence why i placed him last. The rest of his set was dope considering the fact he's only been doing it less than a year, but you have to judge everyone under the same criteria, not give him more points because 'he's only been it doing it less than a year and he's young'

Didn't he do Rob Swift's Biz routine too? Also, the multiple camera angles seemed to suggest the video was edited together from several takes, which is a no-no in my books (and against the rules). Apologies to K if it was one take, but he needs to include that angle in the corner or something like As-One did.

The kid is dope though, a lot of DJs twice his age couldn't hang.

That K-Swizz is one to watch for the future, eh? I just watched his video and at the start he says he's only been DJing for 8 months!

Yeah!

Hmmm.... He says that at the start, "Hi my name's K-Swizz and I've been DJing for 8 months," but I think that's him using a sample from an old interview or something. I saw him warming up at the IDA in Auckland almost a year ago and he could already juggle. His dad is a former champ and a total beast on the turntables, so it wouldn't surprise me if K had been cutting since before he could walk lol

And Fong Fong reckons he's better than broke :wacko:

Fong Fong doesn't like me.

He's a really dope scratcher, but I wasn't a fan of his online routine either so there's no love lost there.

Age shouldn't be a factor and there is no way that you can vote for him over Broke unless you're taking age into consideration.

Mind you, give it a few more years and judges will be taking Broke's age into consideration - just from the other end of the scale. :p

You cheeky bastard. It's all true though.

WTF is up with Cheese putting Erick Jay last? Maybe he thinks he's biting or something. Erick was one of my favourites... probably the only routine where I've gone back and watched parts of it several times. I'm a huge fan of his juggling.

WTF is up with Cheese putting Erick Jay last? Maybe he thinks he's biting or something. Erick was one of my favourites... probably the only routine where I've gone back and watched parts of it several times. I'm a huge fan of his juggling.

Weird, Cheese put him 1st last year if I recall correctly

I'm biased in many ways, but thought broke should've placed in the top five. Broke's routine had a lot more flow to it and a lot of style too. Haven't watched vekkeds routine but what bothers me with I-Dees is that fact that its such bad audio quality. That'll allow for mistakes to be covered up, whereas if you post a file with proper audio (i.e. like broke) everything can be analyzed properly. Dont get me wrong idee's juggles are insane etc, but they do sound a bit "rackety" with all the kitchen echo etc.

Anyways, big congrats to Broke: 2x DMC NSW (state) champion, 1x DMC Australia 2nd place, 1x DMC Australia 3rd place, 6th in the world online finals.

Thats one hell of an impressive track record in my opinion

• Like 2

Guest Symatic

I'm biased in many ways, but thought broke should've placed in the top five. Broke's routine had a lot more flow to it and a lot of style too. Haven't watched vekkeds routine but what bothers me with I-Dees is that fact that its such bad audio quality. That'll allow for mistakes to be covered up, whereas if you post a file with proper audio (i.e. like broke) everything can be analyzed properly. Dont get me wrong idee's juggles are insane etc, but they do sound a bit "rackety" with all the kitchen echo etc.

Anyways, big congrats to Broke: 2x DMC NSW (state) champion, 1x DMC Australia 2nd place, 1x DMC Australia 3rd place, 6th in the world online finals.

Thats one hell of an impressive track record in my opinion

i agree, i though brokes was well funky and musical, and Idee's was clearly techy as fuck but i couldnt tell the actual sounds from his decks from the sounds of vibrating kitchenware....

from watching Ritch Rufftone going through the whole process over the last year or 2, i can see theres a lot more to doing these routines than just doing your thing though.... i mean you gotta get all those techniques in to show what you can do, and make it musical, and make it understandable to judges AND the crowd who wont always be aware what parts are harder to do than others....

Top five would have been nice but the actual top five were all better routines than mine IMO. So I don't feel robbed or anything. I'll show you the marks from the Oz nationals if you like, then you can get your rant on all over again lol

from watching Ritch Rufftone going through the whole process over the last year or 2, i can see theres a lot more to doing these routines than just doing your thing though.... i mean you gotta get all those techniques in to show what you can do, and make it musical, and make it understandable to judges AND the crowd who wont always be aware what parts are harder to do than others....

So, SO true... especially that part about making everything understandable to judges and the crowd. So true...

Anyway, if it was up to me this is how I would have had it:

1st: DJ I-Dee (USA)

2nd equal: Dj Erick Jay (Brazil)

2nd equal: Vekked (Canada)

4th: Dj Datflex (Spain)

5th: DJ Irie (Netherlands)

6th: Broke (Australia)

7th: The Abbott (New Zealand)

8th: The Beat Molester (USA)

9th: DJ K-Swizz (New Zealand)

10th: DJ Notch (USA)

I wonder why DJ Irie ended up in the 3rd place????? :wacko: even though he fellow Dutchman i would have placed him 9th, he just don't have that special factor to be in the top 5, wonder why Cutmaster Swift voted him first??? :blink:

My prediction was that I-Dee would win when we chatted about the competitors in the park here, although his selection is like fast food music that i'm not feeling i think his skills are up to par, i prob would have voted him 1st too.

I liked The Beat Molester set with the vid mixing. Vekked was dope too, i expected more from that French guy,

lol 1 DJ used a controller, still made in in the top 10, i liked it more than Irie's set.

Top five would have been nice but the actual top five were all better routines than mine IMO. So I don't feel robbed or anything. I'll show you the marks from the Oz nationals if you like, then you can get your rant on all over again lol

So, SO true... especially that part about making everything understandable to judges and the crowd. So true...

Anyway, if it was up to me this is how I would have had it:

1st: DJ I-Dee (USA)

2nd equal: Dj Erick Jay (Brazil)

2nd equal: Vekked (Canada)

4th: Dj Datflex (Spain)

5th: DJ Irie (Netherlands)

6th: Broke (Australia)

7th: The Abbott (New Zealand)

8th: The Beat Molester (USA)

9th: DJ K-Swizz (New Zealand)

10th: DJ Notch (USA)

Send over that judging list. With names and addresses too.

Still think you're set should've been top 5. Watched some of the others. Your's is just better. Vekked's set was cool too. Prefer his last year set though.

But no-one blew me away like Jon1st set 2013. That was simply nuts. Except you were pretty close BigL :)