ensoniq mirage

on saturday i went down to the fleamarket looking for some random thing i can't even remember anymore,

the first stall i walked up to had a big pile of disco lights, so i took a closer look, BLAM! ensonisq mirage all in my face!!!

me:how much?

seller:80€ (in a morrocan italian accent)

me:30€?

seller: mirage, good stuff 70€

me: 40?

seller: no.

me: its got a wonky key

seller:huh?

me: and i need to find the disks, that'lll be a right pain in the arse.

seller: i don't care, i'll sell it to somebody else.

me: 45?

seller: no. i don't make any money like that.

me: be back in 5, i'm going to get a coffee and think about this

coffee, google, ebay past listings.....ciggarette....

it has filter chips that sell for 60+ each!!!!! i'm so fucking on this. it's got 6 filters. even if its fucked i can make some money on this.

me:i've only got 50.

seller: ok but you give me annother 10 next time i see you.

me, ok but i only give you the other 10 if it works.

seller: you tight bastard.

me: i'm from scotland what do you expect?

i gave him the monney, then we shook hands and i walked off with a really fucking heavy bad ass sampler that will probably take me months to learn how to use.

got home, plugged it it, the light came on and it asked for it's boot disk, the phone rang, "hey, are you ready? i'll be arround in 5 miniutes, we've got to be there at in 3 hours and its on the other side of italy"

i've just got home, found the operating system disk and manual on the internet, but its sunday evening and i haven't got a single floppy disk.

so there is nothing i can do except write about it on the internet and hope somebody cares.

Guest rasteri

For like 60 quid you can replace the floppy drive with a floppy emulator device where you just store a load of virtual floppies on an SD card :

i found some 720k floppy disks at a second hand shop, they had pirated amiga games on them. finding out a way to format them was fun.....

unfortunatly my floppy drive is on the blink, it manages to load the os about one time in 10. maybe those hxc floppy emulators are good idea. i'll see if i can find myself a cheap replacement floppy drive in the mean time.

a couple of keys are a bit dodgy too, i think its going to keep me busy for while before i get it back in shape.

it sounds amazing by the way, even if its going to take me ages to figure out exactly how to program it.

• Like 1