What should I do with my SP-303?

10 members have voted

1. 1. What should I do with my SP-303?

• Sell it to d00bney at a huge price
    • Let d00bney keep it on loan and take it to Korea for Kim Jong Un to steal
    • Take it back off d00bney and lock him away in my wanking cupboard

Why does d00b even want it? Surely he's taking a laptop, and IMO better just sticking to Ableton

The dub delay on it is what i want it for, sounds so dope!

Plus it's got a pretty nice "sound" for making drums sound crunchy.

Piss taking aside, for dubby delays have you considered a Roland RE-201 Space Echo VST emulation or even Roland's modelled pedal version?

Same for crunchy drums - that D16 VST, or I use the SP and MPC60 emulations in Maschine with a bit of other undisclosed special sauce.

I've played with dub delay emulation and it's just not the same.

I remember back in the day it was between this and the SU10 and I got the SU10 and always regretted it.

Btw If anyone wants my SU10 let me know

And you can have it!

i took out my su10 the other day and had a play around with it. its not actualy the peice of crap i remember it being, it actualy sounds quite good in a gritty kind of way.

it's a really limited sampler though. and the useless effects are a real shame. when i bought mine it was a really long time ago, when the choices were either the su10 or the akai s20(which cost a fuckload more) or the roland ms-1(which REALLY sucked)

if you really want rid of it i'll pay postage! pm me.

You should be able to circuit bend that su10 and make it pretty cool and glitchy. Add an alligator clip patchbay to it. Can't find one on youtube already built but here is someone messing with the SU10 to find the bend points and another vid showing a bent sr16 so you get the idea of what I mean (altho they use plug not clips like I would).

oh the long nights cutting up breakbeats with the su10 in one hand and a calculator in the other! i think i actualy cried a tear of joy when i used re-cycle for the first time

i fondly remember my drum and bass tracks made with a yamaha MU20 sequencer/gm synth, the su10 and a crappy yamaha pss keyboard that miraculously had a programable two operator fm synth MASSIVE SUBS!

that sequencer was such a pig to program i think it scared me for life.

ironicaly i was much less productive when i upgraded to an atari st w/cubase. and subsequently gave it all up. the only thing i kept was the su10.

at one point i had a vestax 8bit DJ sampler which i can't remember what happened to, it sounded awesome but had a funny habit of corrupting its memory when you switched memory banks.

You should be able to circuit bend that su10 and make it pretty cool and glitchy. Add an alligator clip patchbay to it. Can't find one on youtube already built but here is someone messing with the SU10 to find the bend points and another vid showing a bent sr16 so you get the idea of what I mean (altho they use plug not clips like I would).

once i made a circuit bent casio sampling keyboard, for a friend of mine, sounded great but was hard to keep musical.

i though about doing this to the su10 but inside its just one big chip with external memory and maybe a dac. the casio had lots of diferent chips inside so there were more possibilities. on the su10 your can glitch the data bus and thats about it.

• Like 1