Titanfall (Xbox 360/Xbox One/Windows)

Steve

No mate. All the updates are free. The paid DLC is for extra maps.

Talking of that, they've announced the next map pack: -

Dig Site – an isolated mining outpost

Haven – an exclusive beach resort

Export – a mining hub on the side of a mountain

I had a pretty cool moment in this game yesterday. I was fighting another titan 1 on 1. He punched me off the map, which usually means death, except his punch doomed my titan so I nuclear ejected, the explosion killed the other guy, and I launched out of my titan and back on to the map: -

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You should sign back up for Gold. You get 1 or 2 free games a month now, although at the moment they're Xbox Live Arcade-type games, not big AAA titles.

There is definitely a bit of a summer drought when it comes to new games though!

I just had a really good few games of this. I'm gen 10 level 50 and I joined a game where I was on a team with 5 other gen 10 level 50 players. They invited me to a party, so we were properly playing as a team and completely kicked arse to the point where nobody would play us, lol. Every time players joined the lobby, they would see 6 gen 10 level 50 players on the other team and leave. :d

I wish more DV folks played this! Ryan's always playing in "appear offline" mode, the shady git, and I rarely seem to be online at the same time as Ruftone.

Ha add me are you on 360 or one?

My gold had signed up already lol on auto I didn't realise

I'm only gen 2 as have been playing too much watchdogs!

Are you on the new maps?

I do okay on them but if you okay the orig maps you can win every time! As all noobs there now

What mode do u play? Attrition or pilot klller?

I'm on Xbox One mate and yep, I've got all the maps. If you're also on the Xbox One, add me: SigmaTheDJ

My favourite modes are Attrition, Pilot Hunter and Last Titan Standing, so I usually either play one of those or I go with the variety pack on the new maps.

I'm trying to get the last 3 achievements at the moment: -

Goose a pilot with the plasma railgun (fucking hard!)

Win 50 games of Capture The Flag (I've got fewer than 10 games to go)

Get 2 titan executions in a single game on Haven

Yeah I mainly play attrition too which I feel is a bit of cheat, but to be honest that's why I like this game as it isn't so die hard as other fps.

I feel like getting killed by an npc is the ultimate shame in this game haha.

I am getting more consistent I had a few 130 point games on the old maps the other day but yeah I am getting more and more into the new maps. I think this is the first dlc I've bought for a game ever.

But yeah I traded all my other games and this is all I have left haha

I will add you

• 1 month later...

I just had a really good few games of this. I'm gen 10 level 50 and I joined a game where I was on a team with 5 other gen 10 level 50 players. They invited me to a party, so we were properly playing as a team and completely kicked arse to the point where nobody would play us, lol. Every time players joined the lobby, they would see 6 gen 10 level 50 players on the other team and leave. :dI wish more DV folks played this! RThe yan's always playing in "appear offline" mode, the shady git, and I rarely seem to be online at the same time as Ruftone.

It's not always me on that Xbox. When it is though there's not much point in me playing with some one. I leave games so quick. Any game I've played on Xbox one has a horrific connection

• 4 weeks later...

The biggest update yet is being released for this tomorrow. It includes a new horde mode where it's 4 players vs. waves of AI enemies, including a bunch of new enemy types. There's also 2 other new game modes and a whole bunch of smaller additions and tweaks.

I can't wait to check out the horde mode. I watched some of the Respawn devs playing it on Twitch and it looked wicked.

• 1 month later...

I was quite pleased with this one: -

As the enemy team were trying to escape, one of their titans tried to kill me with a nuke eject, so I hid behind a pillar, then popped out to blow up their dropship and stop them getting away.

• Like 1

The vast majority of the time it's better to be in a titan. In the clips I've posted, it's multiple people on one titan, so if you get outnumbered or you just stand there letting pilots fire those archer rocket launchers at you, then you can get taken down reasonably quickly, but your shield regenerates as long as you don't get hit for X number of seconds, so there have been times where I've stayed in the same titan for the entire round.

The only game mode where I might not get in a titan as early as possible is capture the flag, but that depends on how my other team members play the game. You can't pick up the enemy flag or return your own if you're in a titan, so unless you're ahead and you're playing defensively, someone needs to be on foot so they can try and grab the enemy's flag.

With the end game, where the dropshop arrives, it's definitely better to be in a titan. If you're on the winning side it's much easier to blow up the enemy dropship if you're in a titan cos you have more powerful weapons. If you're on the losing side, it's easier to escape and get in the ship - what I often do is attack enemy titans right up until the last few seconds, then I'll nuclear eject, which sometimes kills titans that aren't paying attention as they're focussed on the dropship, and the nuclear ejection fires the pilot into the sky, so if you do it right, you can land right in your dropship and get away. You can also do this if you get in just the right spot, lol: -

• 2 months later...

One of my best moments in the game. It's a mode where one pilot from each team is marked for death and you have to kill the enemy mark before they kill yours. I waited to see who was gonna be marked. My first shot = doom the enemy mark's titan, so they had to eject. My second shot = kill the enemy pilot for the match win. :d

• 2 months later...