Titanfall (Xbox 360/Xbox One/Windows)

Steve

This game is out in the US now and the reviews have all been positive: -

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/titanfall/critic-reviews

I'm typically rubbish at multiplayer shooters, but supposedly this game is one of the most "n00b friendly" and balanced online multiplayer games yet released, so I'm going to pick it up on Friday on the Xbox One. Unfortunately, there's no cross-platform play.

Anyone else here getting it? I know Ruftone is, and one of my real life mates is.

Here's a review: -

• Like 1

I managed to kill a few people in my first game. Yay! I still came last though. :d

This game is a blast to play. You can wall run and you're wearing a little jetpack thing, so you can jump quite high, but then you can jump again in mid-air via a blast from the jetpack.

After a while you can call in your titan, which is a giant mech. When you call it in, there's a 2 minute countdown before it's dropped in from the sky. Even though you're massively more powerful than people who aren't in a mech, you're also far more easy to spot as you're so big, plus the titans obviously aren't as fast when it comes to running around. Every pilot has an anti-titan weapon too. If your titan is about to be blown up, you can eject from it which blasts you way up into the sky so you get a good view of what's going on and you can plan where to run to when you land.

It seems really well balanced to me. The people who were the highest ranks still got the most kills, but I didn't feel like every time I poked my head round a corner, some cunt would shoot it off or appear from nowhere and stab me, haha.

• Like 1

I went and did the training to work out wtf was going on. Didn't hang around to long after that it was a long day

Found my mic too. I was practically sitting on it the whole time lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Update 4 was released for this yesterday. It's a really good update! Some of the changes: -

The screen tearing has been pretty much fixed.

The matchmaking is much improved. I played a few games last night and early this morning and there was far less sitting around waiting for the lobby to populate. You also see a "connecting..." message when players are about to join a team.

Titan burn cards! There's now a whole bunch of burn cards for titan weapons and abilities.

New game mode. The new mode is called Marked For Death. At the start of the match, 1 person from each team is marked as the target. An icon appears for each of those players constantly on the mini-map, so you can always see where they are. The first team to kill the opposing team's mark gets a point, then 2 new players are marked as the target. It's a fun mode, except playing with randoms is a bit cack as everyone runs about like they're playing Attrition, rather than trying to defend you when you're the target. Hopefully that will change as people get used to it.

Titan customisations. You can now unlock decals to stick on your titan. They're pretty hard to see though, which is a shame.

Weapon balancing. They've balanced a bunch of the weapons. I think this was needed, as the shotgun had far too much range, and the carbine was too good as a ranged weapon.

Titan voices. You can now choice from 3 different voices for your titan. Also, your titan now says more things than it did before. Also, titans are now less gimped when they're in auto-pilot mode, so they will put up particle walls or trigger electric smoke etc. instead of just standing around like useless twats.

New achievements! There's a bunch of new achievements that all relate to the recent DLC map pack.

Challenge tracking. If you're trying to complete a particular generation challenge, you can now mark it and track it.

All in all, it's a great update!