If you could have only one scratch record...

broma

ie, I wanna get a new record to cut with and haven't bought one in yeeeeears.

Fallen in love with scratching again, no small part due to the SSS sesh back in Feb where I stood around like a bobbin' lanky lemon ;)

I'm using a seriously worn copy of Gag Seal Breaks and have some knackered copies of Super/Super Duper Duck Breaks. Never owned Super Seal - is it worth getting a copy or have things moved on since? I'm using a Vestax 2300 with the +-50% pitch and I think there's records out that play the samples at normal speed at -50%. They any good?

Thanking you's...

Grasshopper Breaks Volume 1 or Enter The Scratch Game Volume 1. They're both sick af and don't have played out Superseal samples. They have the sick vocal phrases and are designed for ultrapitch turntables so you can do mad wicked stylings with them.

Guest petesasqwax

interesting... I've been getting lazy using DVS samples but the Clocktower Session got me wanting some new scratch wax. Saw nuff folk using Scratch Science records and Superseal got a lot of use, too. When I'm practicing I tend to use Butt Ugly for the skipless Aaaaah / Fresh sections. Wouldn't necessarily recommend them, I'm just lazy

Guest Symatic

scratch science is definately a good place to start with ultra pitch samples.

I still rock gag ball breaks a lot. but the ultra pitch thing is really useful to me.

i also have made a couple of customs, they cost more, about £40, but you can have all the sounds you want and considering a lot of my scratch records have massive sections i just never use, i think its totally worth the extra money to get it right. but be prepared to go in on getting the sounds right....

Guest petesasqwax

I have a 1210 so the ultra pitch thing is of no real use to me, to be honest, but I do like the idea of using customs. how is the life span of them?

Guest Symatic

Really good. Its cut on vinyl not acetate so it lasts. But i think its worth going the extra way and getting it mastered for vinyl unless you know what youre doing, will make the sounds come out better

In my pre PDX days I would of said Hee Haw, great battle record filled with classic hooks, I'm on my third copy which is pretty knackered. But nowadays I can't get enough of scratch science ultra pitch records, the slowed down rpm opens up lots of possibilities with vocal sentances and the skipless thing means everything's at the same bpm which really makes dope phrasing all the easier.

You like scratch science records Dubba? Really?

I'm on my phone so we will just have to pretend I have conic sans font

X

I like super seal 4d and scratch science but I'm keeping my scratch science records for best. I have 2 super seals and a suoerseal 4d for my ahhhhh freshes

Thanks gents, I'll check out the Grasshopper Breaks series. May have to get a copy of Super Seal too for some fresh ahhh's, my copy of Gag Seal is over 10 years old so you can imagine how nice that sounds.

Dopp - broma ain't my DJ name, it's a lazy reference to a nickname of mine from... http://youtu.be/k0tMvxV-GC4?t=7m

• 1 month later...

Broma - most of the Scratch Science records have sold out everywhere. I went to their HQ in Paris when I was there, just to see what they have left. You might be able to get the Enter the Scratch Game Pocket record (the 10" version), but that's it.

Your only chance ia scouring the European resellers

temple of deejays

Toolbox records

Hhv.de

I bought Daily Thrill last week from Toolbox. £20 incl shipping to UK

Also if you're after good scratch records check out the Beatsqueeze label from France (Diess Prod, Ugly Mac Beer plus contributions from SS crew like Hertz & Le Jad)

Broma - most of the Scratch Science records have sold out everywhere. I went to their HQ in Paris when I was there, just to see what they have left. You might be able to get the Enter the Scratch Game Pocket record (the 10" version), but that's it.

Yea, thought so man. Think I've seen Scratch Pocket for sale on the interwebs. What's it like? How is cutting on a 10"? Not that I really touch the outer area of the record but wondering if there's a different feel to it... getting too nerdy here maybe :rolleyes:

Jasmos - cheers for those names, I'll have a look around. Think I tried Toolbox and Hhv and had no luck but I'll check again.

Every cunt scratches on "ahhhhhh", "fresh" and a couple of played out sentences anyway, so why does it even matter which one you get? :d

Yep, and I wanna be a cunt with a clean sounding ahhhh mate, my records are knackered! And I need them played out sentences too :d

Yea, thought so man. Think I've seen Scratch Pocket for sale on the interwebs. What's it like? How is cutting on a 10"? Not that I really touch the outer area of the record but wondering if there's a different feel to it... getting too nerdy here maybe :rolleyes:

It does have a different feel to it, but I like the pocket record. I bought the Grasshopper pocket a few years back and I'd recommend that one too.

• 5 months later...

LMAO, you guys are so funny! Can't wait to meet/cut with you all one day along with all the banter.

On another note, I too struggled to get hold of some scratch science vinyl. After a year of waiting for SS to press some again, they just stocked up again with Enter the Scratch Game 1&2. You gotta be quick, they are selling like hot cakes on Temple of Deejays.

http://www.templeofdeejays.com

Secret of the Y Formula is my all time fav. Only thing that would improve it is if there were some girl moans. I like cutting with those.

Guest Symatic

Cadence with rhythm and flow should be ready july/early august, all vocal skip proof cuts with a ultrapitch side and a regular side

• Like 2