MPC 2500 Audio file problems

ORATOR3

I'm trying to update my sample library in my MPC. I'm having problems with the machine reading newer wave formats. If I take a wave file that it wont read and export it as a .wav using my out dated version of cubase the mpc will play it. BUT! I can only do one file at a time in cubase and I have well over 100 drum hits that I want to add to the machine. So I tried the same thing in ableton because I can export all the files at one time. But the MPC wont read the ableton waves! I've been at this for a while now. Can any one offer me a quick solution to my problem? For example, a program that will convert all my files to the format that I need in one shot. I really don't feel like exporting and naming each file individualy. I've all ready wasted enough time. Thanks in advance!

Seems like you've solved all problems, but if you do need to convert a batch of files for bit depth or anything there's some good freeware audio file converters out there.

I've been using a freeware program called XLD on my Mac that's really good... and I'm sure Steve or one of the other PC users on here could recommend a good one for windows? Steve? Anyone else?

Seems like you've solved all problems, but if you do need to convert a batch of files for bit depth or anything there's some good freeware audio file converters out there.

I've been using a freeware program called XLD on my Mac that's really good... and I'm sure Steve or one of the other PC users on here could recommend a good one for windows? Steve? Anyone else?

Good advice. I just did all the samples I wanted through ableton. It worked out well. But i'm willing to try some freeware in the future because I have more that I want to do. Maybe it'll be quicker. I set out to make some musik this morning but I've been messing with this for 3hrs or so. Now it's time to annoy my neighbors.