I found this crazy turntable site

Guest Mike Reezy

Guest $mooth

That could be cool, having two tonearms, if it were to be used for scratching etc. But if its just for playing records that seems a bit pointless. Imagine being able to scratch 2 samples together exactly the same. Mad.

Woody does it on one of the vids on his site. He bends the arm from one turntable over to the other so they are both on the same record, but different samples.

I can't think why you would have two tonearms on an audiophile turntable, unless it's for novelty/aesthetic value or for people who use two different types of stylus for some reason.

Woody does it on one of the vids on his site. He bends the arm from one turntable over to the other so they are both on the same record, but different samples.

I can't think why you would have two tonearms on an audiophile turntable, unless it's for novelty/aesthetic value or for people who use two different types of stylus for some reason.

the year he won vestax comp ion Japan (2002?)

the year he won vestax comp ion Japan (2002?)

This is the one I'm on about: -

http://www.woodwurk.com/Media/3deckscratchduet.rm

Guest Mike Reezy

That a poor demonstration of that unless my 1 sided headphones are missing something.....

I want to hear some fressh ahh shit w/ it

and also skratching same sound at exact same place on record, so like you could make a harmony by yourself kutting

easy way to do that is just to use a solid tone.

That a poor demonstration  of that unless my 1 sided headphones are missing something.....

and also skratching same sound at exact same place on record, so like you could make a harmony by yourself kutting

You think that's a poor demonstration? It's the only demonstration. It's fucking hard to cut with three channels like that man.

Guest Mike Reezy
That a poor demonstration  of that unless my 1 sided headphones are missing something.....

You think that's a poor demonstration? It's the only demonstration. It's fucking hard to cut with three channels like that man.

Im not dissing it, the idea is tight, props for being the 1st to do it, but Im not gonna say it was a great demonstration just because it was the only one

Didnt he only have 2 needles on 1 table? Whats so hard about that? Just skratch and youre skratching 2 sounds.

trust me I am very impressed by the whole concept, I just think he could have demonstrated it much better with different sounds or like I said with a solid tone.

I actually just watched it again, I was tired when I watched I didnt know he was using the 3 channel and isolating one phono input from the other.

Thats another idea in itself. TIGHT, but I still want to see it done with both sounds playing at the same time and using like fressh or ahhhhh, or do it with the solid tone, or get a record made where the sounds both start in the same place so you can kut harmonys solo style, or make it so its the same exact sound, but on one tonearm is recorded normal other way is backwerds (you wouldnt be able to tell the difference from forwards and backwerds motions (riccis idea)

anyways, tight Idea I just dont think it needs to stop there.

GO WOODY ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY

Trust me on this - Mike is not easily impressed!

Do you think I should be? Its like education, do you settle for high skool which everybody goes to, or do you go to college, and it doesnt stop there, do you get a BA like most people or do you go fo a PHD?

I just dont like to settle for anything ever ;)

or make it so its the same exact sound, but on one tonearm is recorded normal other way is backwerds (you wouldnt be able to tell the difference from forwards and backwerds motions (riccis idea)

What does that mean? If you have the tonearm facing the opposite way, the sound doesn't play backwards.

Guest Mike Reezy

I know this. I mean the sound recorded on the record.

U actually dont need 2 tonearms to do it.

Fresh with Hserf layered perfectly on top of it, anytime you move forwards you are making the same sound as if you moved backwerds. Just another training tool tho really

Guest $mooth
Didnt he only have 2 needles on 1 table? Whats so hard about that? Just skratch and youre skratching 2 sounds.

If he was bringing the needle over from another deck, then that aint gonna work like that, unless he had both decks somehow linked into the same channel on the mixer. It would be hard having to scratch normal and reverse fader at the same time lol.

BTW I haven't watched the clip, as im at work.

Guest Mike Reezy

I was just thinking, that if you have SSL you do this very easy.

Could you split the output of your table before it goes into the skratch amp so that with one table + SSL vinyl you would actually be controlling 2 mp3 files? Then run them back into the mixer and you would be able to isolate which sound u wanted to kutt?

Just a thought, but I think it will work and you could do exactly what woody was doing.