Mac users - someone please recommend a wave editor

Guest broke

In brief: I need to find the closest thing to Cool Edit 2000 for Mac.

In an effort to ditch the desktop pc setup I've been working on since forever, I need to find an audio editor that has the same basic functionality and interface as Cool Edit. No doubt there are programs with much greater funtionality etc, but it's what I'm used to etc.

Maybe someone's used Adobe Audition and knows if they kept the beat finder funtion (shift+[ and shift+] on PC). They didn't. Damn it...

I know I could use Ableton, but from what I've seen it's not as straightforward as using a dedicated wave editor.

Thanks

You could use Reaper and mess around with the GUI until it was totally barebones. It's very easy to use and if you want to use it literally just as a digital multi tracker you can. Otherwise for a Cool Edit-alike piece of software there's Audacity, but Reaper's a fair bit sleeker.

Audacity.

the best part off audacity is that its available on all major platforms, so you never need to learn another program again.

i'd say use audacity, if audacity can't do it then you're probably not doing it right

not sure if they come preinstalled on the mac version but my audacity on linux has a load of crazy analysis plugins for, bpm, beats, key, note onsets etc http://www.vamp-plugins.org/

Is Adobe Audition for Mac not good enough?

They got rid of the beat finder, which works like a sort of snap function when highlighting portions of the waveform.

I'll check out a few of the others... thanks guys