What Are Your Favourite Live Performances?

Blak Randy

Bootsy Collins in Tokyo 1998

George Clinton w the Mothership at One World Festival 1996?

George Clinton at Austin City Music Hall 1995?

Pretty Lights at the Backyard last month

Roger Waters last summer doing the Wall

Iggy Pop SXSW 1996?

James Brown at the Maynor rodeo 2005?

Kid Koala at the Parish 2004?

Z-Trip Gomi in-store sxsw 2002?

Dakara / Breakstra Scion show sxsw 2002?

Robert Johnson and the Family Band at Austin City Limits 2004

STS9 at Gypsy Ballroom 2004

The Roots have done some amazing shows in Austin and Dallas

Beasties were great when I saw them (had a press pass too so shot pics!)

Those are my favs off the top of my head. Never seen Scratch Perry even tho he comes thru all the time but he'd probably be in my tops. Would live to see Mad Professor.

• Like 1

PE's Tour of a Black Planet was one of the best things I've been to

Must have been dope, broke. PE is one of my favorite groups, especially their early ish (Nation of Millions, Fear of a Black Planet, and '91), but have never seen them.

slapstick '96

my life with the thrill kill kult halloween '98.

beat junkies (rhett, short, and babu) '99

underworld '01

shellac '01

radiohead '03

• 3 years later...

Bump !

This thread is cool I'd not seen this before today

Ive been to see so many concerts in my life but heres a few that really stick out for me

8.8.1988 Pink Floyd

Manchester at the old Maine Road football stadium

1983 Dead Kennedys with Millions Of Dead Cops

1994 Hugh Masakela (who was fucking awesome for the record)

1981 The Specials at a free show in the park

1983 Rock The Bomb @ Brockwell Park Brixton featuring

The Damned ,Clint Eastwood & General Saint ,Style Council ,Madness and The Beat (I think )

1999 or whenever Rhythm And Stealth came out -

Leftfield (the bass was out of this world )

1994/5 ? (Black Sunday tour ) Cypress Hill & Funkdoobiest

Ha who remembers Funkdoobiest lol ?

Actually this thread made me remember the time I went to watch the hardcore Punk band Discharge at the Retford Porterhouse (which is a shithole btw so dont ever go there ) sometime back in the 1980s

literally they'd gone Glam Metal overnight but had unfortunately not told their fans in advance

@ 8pm Discharge take the stage in spandex trousers and dandy smart boy knobhead frilly lace shirts ,eyeliner and lipstick

@ 8.05 pm Discharge are brutally

CHAIRED OFF the stage and there is blood everywhere

That was the craziest gig i ever went too and no one asked for a refund for some strange reason

Happy days....

Ramstein Download 2013, seen them again this year and they where immense again, but 2013 was better (Rape part of the story, this year was the enlighten part of the story)

Can't stand their music, not even a big fan of rock, but yeah.

No idea, it was my first year, I'm in a rap/rock band and my guitarist had been on my case for years to go, so i went in 2013, bought an old shit box van, built in a bed, and a set of decks and a rig hahahaha, needless to say there where some unhappy rockheads with me blasting DnB at 1 in the morning in the campervan site, but yeah, been going since, but no longer in the shitbox van, proper camper now, still not really my thing, but last year i got to see Ice T again which was cool, and some rock is pretty good, absolutely love Zach Wyldes stuff.

• Like 1

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Motörhead at the Leas Cliff Hall in Folkstone 2005, utter utter shite venue but one hell of a night was nearly deaf for 2 weeks later :)

• Like 1

@ GNOD

Im jealous that you've seen the mighty TroubleFunk

i had the chance to go and see them myself -same year i think as you said but i ended up not going to the gig for some unknown reason

@Psyche

Ive seen Motorhead live in 1981 on the No Sleep Til Hammersmith tour at the Queens Hall in Leeds

And they were fucking amazing

Motorhead 2014 Download hahaha, Lemmy was near enough brain dead then, he could hardly talk, kept leaving stage to do a line, total mess, every time the music started, it was like something swept over him and he was Lemmy from twenty years ago again, he absolutely owned the place hahaha

• Like 1

That looks terrific Phol

I'd never heard of Amon Tobin to be honest but I'll definitely be checking out the album for sure

and its on Ninja Tune which is a label i used to like a lot but i've not checked out in ages

Cheers for posting that one mate

That looks terrific Phol

I'd never heard of Amon Tobin to be honest but I'll definitely be checking out the album for sure

and its on Ninja Tune which is a label i used to like a lot but i've not checked out in ages

Cheers for posting that one mate

He's one of my top fav artists. His style has changed a lot over the years, check out his early albums they're more hip-hop/trip-hop beats and also some drum'n'bass. He's done loads of other stuff like video game soundtracks and film scores, but his most recent music is very electronic - lots of warping deep sounds and intricate rhythms.

The ISAM show at Roundhouse was a massive eye-opener (at the time), me and a producer mate went and we left the show considering quitting making music lol. But it's an inspiring set.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rasteri

Bill Evans Trio on Jazz 625 in 1965. Probably my most watched youtube video. Also featuring ISIHAC legend Humphrey Lyttleton.

Bill Evans was such an incredible musician and probably one of the greatest pianists of the twentieth century

Id wager that the piano notes played by Evans on Miles Davis' Blue In Green are him at his absolute finest

Gigs I attended that were awesome:

Edan and Insight at Thekla (first US rappers I ever saw, stage show hasn't been beat yet)

J Dilla (Again at Thekla, approx 3 months before he died... emosh)

Kankick (Tiny venue in London with maybe 40 people inside. Still my fave producer)

Brainfeeder Festival (Car park in London, first time out in the UK for Fly Lo and all the other pioneers of the 06 wonk thing)

Notable mentions - Foreign Beggars (Asylum Speakers tour), Jazzy Jeff, Craze (Mid teens, kinda cemented the DJ thing for me)

Actual fave has to be this though: