KRK Rockits

jam

ok, had these suckers around 2 months i think, really like em, look nice, crisp sounding and sorted my rendering problem out, the problem is interference. the womans lad uses that blackberry messenger shite, and all i get the pleasure of hearing is his signal, any ways around this except for smashin his phone in????

I had a major interference (eveytime I moved the mouse you could here sounds throughout the speakers) problem with my rockits using xlr connectors until I discovered that using a different cable sorted it.

I think the cables that sorted the interference had the shield and pin 1 wired bridged but I would have to double check to be sure.

I think the cables that sorted the interference had the shield and pin 1 wired bridged but I would have to double check to be sure.

^ what he said

i think the rockits are alright...

i prefer the behringer truths tho - in the same bracket and "out perform" them IMHO

solid monitors nonetheless!!!

i think a lot of it is what youre used to and what you get used to hearing to be honest.

i had tannoy reveal 5A's and also wharfedale quad 11L's in the studio

i couldnt get used to the quads at all....really didnt feel 'em....the tannoys - although were so so much cheaper - were wayyy better for me.....probably after 6 or 7 years of use...i was just in 'their zone'

horses for courses an all that?

well tbh they are my first actives iv used and ever been around so im guna like, i know there is much better available but didnt want to spend the earth straight away so stayed under the 500 bracket, they sound nice, and rendered files sound nice played back were as before i was using home speakers, i could never get my mix sounding how it did before rendering.. iv just checked my cables and im using single jack to single jack... and as i say it only happens when the lad is on blackberry messenger

iv just checked my cables and im using single jack to single jack... and as i say it only happens when the lad is on blackberry messenger

Is it balanced or unbalanced connections (i.e. is the jack in 3 sections like a "stereo" lead or 2 sections like a "mono" lead)?

Balanced leads cancel interference, whatever the source, so if you're not already using balanced leads then switching might help.

yeah, i made sure they were balanced when i bought them. thing i dont understand is, i can b at my set up on a messenger service on my phone and no bother, then the lads phone, no matter were he is in the house and the monitors pick it up, annoying.

Are the actual cable balanced too - do they have a ring below the tip? Sometimes even cheap xlr cables don't have all three pins wired either, so it's worth checking with a cable you know to be properly balanced.

It could potentially be a problem with the power supply too in which case you're sol :(

cant see how its the power supply, its the same sorta phone interference u wud get if u put a mobile near a speaker, similar to the sound in fongfongs set , u know the sound... and my jack plugs have 2 rings i think