Can you scratch well with a Stanton T.50

I found one for real cheap. I heard lots of good things about the Str8 150 so wondered about the T.50 but no reviews on TTL or Scratch Worx.

I can't scratch well on any turntable.

The T.50 is a belt drive deck though, so personally I would give it a miss unless you want to use it just to play records. It's gonna suck big hairy balls for scratching.

Haven't you got a pair of 1200s anyway man? Or are you just looking for a cheap 3rd deck?

I wouldn't buy anything below a T.80 and even that is probably not gonna be great. If you can get a T.120 on the cheap, they're really good though.

Yeah, just looking for a cheapie to take out of the house the few times a year I do a gig. The 150 is better than the 120 tho right? Is the Numark table (TTX?) better than those?

AFAIK, the T.120 is basically a STR8-150 but with a different look and without the digital stuff (which is useless anyway IMO). I'm fairly sure that the tonearm, platter and motor are the same.

As for a TTX, they're really good too IMO, but some of the old ones had issues with overheating.

• Like 1

Yeah, the T50 and T52 are belt driven. The T62 is direct drive. The T120 is a decent deck, but the ST/STR8-150 would be the best because it's the Super OEM design. The newer TTXUSBs are also very good decks.