scratch records...advice anyone?

Mista_Ed

right....

im after a decent cuttin record...similar to something to superseal or someshit....something skip proof but NOT vestax/pdx ready.....ie not super pitched (gotta be technics friendly)

im looking to get something shipped out to me in New Zealand.....anyone here know of any good ones i might be able to order and shipped out here?

its been so long that ive bought any scratch records...i literally have no idea whats out and whats hot :)

any advice / recommends?

like i say....gotta be able to ship it out here too!!!

cheers!! :)

Guest broke

There used to be a record store on High St, near the corner of Victoria St, that sold scratch records. Or try Real Groovy on Queen St.

Or you can try these guys in Sydney who are the local distro for Dirtstyle: http://www.therecordstore.com.au/1battle.htm

If you see anything on their list, let me know. I think we import it for them, so I can buy them at cost and send them to you. Send me a PM if you're interested.

I haven't bought a Dirtstyle record for years so I wouldn't know what to recommend. The only ones I buy now are for the ultra-pitch turntables, stuff like Scratch Science.

yes mate....youre right about high st - its the DMC store, mix foundation....they dont have anything in stock at the minute....at least, thats worth getting!!!

...i didnt think about real groovy to be fair....conch too - i should be able to source something locally, thinking about it.

and yeh....scratch science records are top - i got a few of them....but NO ONE rocks PDXs around here....they all look like youre mad for even mentioning vestax tables...lol

cheers man - deffo interested in that!! ill check that link - nice one "bro" ;)

hehe

Imo it's a lot easier/better to press your own scratch records these days. More expensive, but they last and if you have all your favourite sounds on there you'll be sorted for a long time!