Traktor 2

So i'm thinking of getting this but before i do, can anyone tell me if this would actually replace the need for my m-audio fast track pro?

I want the Komplete as it has midi connectivity. So i guess my question is can i use the interface with my studio software and sell the fast track?

The Komplete Audio 6 or the Traktor Audio 6? The Komplete Audio 6 is just a flat out better interface than the Fast Track Pro, it's designed as a studio card so yes - it would be an upgrade. The Traktor Audio 6 is designed as a DJ card and acts as a dongle for Traktor Scratch compatibility, but doesn't have any bells and whistles at all - not even MIDI sockets - and it's a few quid cheaper than the Komplete Audio 6.

so after reading this again i realize its a wack thing actually lmao

i was hoping komplete 6 was a beefed up version of audio 6.

that would have really made it a complete system!

since i already have fast track, i guess i'll just keep it and get audio 6.

why wouldnt they just combine the 2 and make a super dj/studio box?

To be honest, a more salient question would probably be why would they?! They're two different markets, and while you can use each in the other the Traktor is definitely better for DJing and the Komplete is definitely better for studio. If you're a DJ it's unlikely you'll need studio grade mic preamps, S/PDIF, increasingly unlikely you'll need 5 pin MIDI I/O, balanced I/O, and so on. Conversely studio users aren't that interested in unbalanced RCAs for every connection and a bunch of phono preamps they don't need. Bunching them together might make a product that was 80% of the price of buying the two separately, but what would be the point from NI's perspective, and also as a user would you really want to plug and unplug your studio every time you DJ'd somewhere?

The Traktor Audio 6 doesn't have 5 pin MIDI I/O - the TA10 does though (so does the Fast Track Pro, so I'm not 100% sure what the MIDI I/O need was). Another thing is the audio quality, volume, and latency on all of them chuck buckets of piss on the Fast Track Pro - it really just comes down to your needs I guess.