80s soul / RnB / disco-funk etc

Mista_Ed

yo -

i thought id post this blog for you

DJ MELL from sweden - some of the mixes are proper nice with a load of dope tunes!!!

OG / classic style DJing - not much on the beatmatching front, but the material doesnt need or deserve it IMO...

"real soul mix" is one of my favourite mixes of all time - listened to it for yeeears...in fact, i think everything mell does is amazing - properly up my street, big time.

wont be lots of peoples tastes to be honest

(im thinking mattnice on this one (im sure youll appreciate the selections))

http://djmell.blogspot.com/

:)

real soul mix" is one of my favourite mixes of all time

You got a link to that one, Ed? I can't find it on the blog.

ohhh daaamn!!

yeah man, ill upload it tomrw and link you up....

alternatively.....we can go back to the old skool and you can spend the next 3 months getting it off me on soulseek if you like? (ala furious and fresh j set?...man....that still makes me laugh to think how long you waited for that....must have been worth it tho eh? fuckin ace!! :d - haha)

wicked - i get to share the love for 'real soul' mix haha!

ive put it on my memory stick and set a reminder to upload it when i get to the studio in the morning so i wont forget!

its a proper nice mix - the more i listen to it, the more i like it....ive not got bored of it for many years....

how the mix shifts and moves across the whole thing is really nice - work of a good DJ, in the truest sense of the word...theres not one tune beatmatched, and it really doesnt matter - how the selection actually works YOU as a listener is awesome and is the key to making it what it is...simple and plain.

i think that beatmatching kinda interupted the original DJ's skill to create a "movement" from start > end of a mix...i suppose - considered tune selection

ppl these days put stuff together just cos it "technically" mixes well, for want of a better phrase....rather than utilising the effect that the tracks actually have on you...

did you lot hear Camaro's old funk mix?! ....i should upload it for you if not - all mixed / blended / chopped....but with the 'old' aspects of DJing (selection & movement / mood etc) at the forefront of it all...its really good

:)

lternatively.....we can go back to the old skool and you can spend the next 3 months getting it off me on soulseek if you like?

Shit, that's finished downloading? I can finally shut down my computer now then. :lol: Best DMC ever created!