problem with my set up

juse box

by feedback, do you mean "hum"?

i assume youve checked all your grounds...?

firstly, unplug ur decks and and inputs...if it still buzzes probably your mixer.

i had a similar issue with 'electrical interference' of some sort - it also may be that

check how youve powered everything...it could simply be overlapping power cables or you have too many plugs running off one socket - have you got ur computer near it?

plug things in one at a time, starting with your amp / speakers...that way youll determine which bit's causing the problem - process of elimination will pin point it :)

so far i just unplugged my table from the mixer and it still hums. even if i turn off my mixer it still does. i havn't unplugged everything yet but i'll do that now. i organized the wires and its a little better, but i think you're right and it is my mixer. no computer in my room yet, im running through a 500 watt converter.

the ground knob on my mixer broke off but back in ca i just hooked the ground to the other channel. im going to try a new amp. i really hope its not the mixer.im thinking my speaker got messed up during the shipping. im really pissed coz the hum really distracts me from scratching.

Can't u just replace it? or internally ground one of ur tables or the mixer?

if it hums while the mixer is off, then its most likely the amp. can you run your setup thru another input on the amp?? do you know if your house wiring is properly grounded. i had an issue with my setup when i first started using Torq. i ended up having to run my tables and the Torq box thru ground loop isolators to get rid of the hum. but then when i moved my setup to the basment, the hum went away. still not sure what thats all about. but i assume that i dont have a good ground upstairs.

• 2 weeks later...
, im running through a 500 watt converter.

Say what?

Do you mean you're using a step up/down transformer rated at 500w or something? Transformers of any kind can certainly create mayhem.

+1.

Most kit can handle 100-250VAC, some kit will have a selection switch. Before you do anything else, check if you can eliminate the step-down transformer.

EDIT if you're unsure, check here and ask