Gosh Darn Ableton! Ficking FREEZE!

$a!n+

So I had a show last night that wasnt good. Wasn't the worst show by far. But, anyhow, a word of warning.

Well, right from the start things were seeming funny. The order of the set got all mixed up and we ended up starting around 10:30, playing to a sober crowd who was expecting a band. I've dealt with that, I always feel like I can win them over if the just give a listen. When I start my set, the levels are all over the place. All my samples were the wrong levels, the compressor from the sound guys board had everything ducking. A couple of times, I just got silence. SO, while I was sleeping last night I figured it out.

I start Freezing tracks. It's a function in Ableton that is suppose to help cut down of cpu processing. Don't do it! When I froze the tracks it helped cut down on cpu process but it also changed everything. I got up this morning, un froze my tracks and everything is back to pristine shape. So if your using Ableton, stay away from the freeze!!!!!

It sucks! Don't use FREEZE unless you totally understand it. I thought I knew. It changed all my levels and plug ins. I didn't notice when I previewed before the show but on the huge PA it was POOP!