mortül combüt rescüratch

Guest Deeswift

I just listened, the link definately works. Not my cup of tea, to be honest. As I don't like rap that's no suprise though. Others here will probably enjoy it. Thanks all the same for posting, Wahlt / ASUP.

I just listened, the link definately works. Not my cup of tea, to be honest. As I don't like rap that's no suprise though. Others here will probably enjoy it. Thanks all the same for posting, Wahlt / ASUP.

the link should work. i'm not into rap like i used to be a few years ago aswell. i just did some stuff with some old accapellas.. i thought just listening to a basic beat like this would be kinda boring for the people out there. that's why i used these acapellas.. but yo, i think afu-ra sounds way better on my beats hehe

what (which genres) do you listen to the most right now dee swift?

thanks or peepin

Guest Deeswift

For the last few years I got heavily into fusion, jazz and progressive rock, all instrumental, of course. Examples of what I listen to are Planet X, Return To Forever, CAB, Weather Report, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Dennis Chambers, Victor Wooten, Chick Corea, Derek Sherinian, Keith Jarrett, Jan Garbarek, Herbie Hancock, Roy Haynes, Stanley Clarke, Tetsuo Sakurai, Virgil Donati, Tony Macalpine, Greg Howe, Allan Holdsworth. It's no suprise I went full circle and got back into prog, it was one of the things I was brought up on as a 70's kid. I also listen to some rock, but not bullshit rock music. I'm talking more along the lines of Liquid Tension Experiment, which crosses right over into prog anyway.

Jazz has nothing in common with scratching, regardless of what some people think. I have no idea how the two genres can be compared, but they are. Maybe because they're both "abstract" forms of music...

Me too. It's fucked, although I managed to download the mp3. I thought it was alright. The drums could have been a touch tighter maybe. I've not heard the original of the track to compare it, but yeah, I quite like it. It's simple but effective.

**EDIT**

I like the bit at the end with the cuts on it too. Sounds a lot tighter.

I just get [unknown host] when I click those links. It happens on all Soundclick files I try and stream. If I right click it in Winamp and choose properties, I get this, which I can then paste into Avant and download: -

http://www.soundclick.com/util/bandradios/streamMP3.cfm?q=Hi&ID=2006780&myUID=FCF70738-A76D-44E2-9B48B392B91F017A&cache=0&proID=0&bandID=41772&s=s.mp3

Guest Deeswift
That just shortens on my screen with the ... bit in the middle. The code tags show the whole URL which wraps over 3 lines. Fuck knows why it's not the same in all browsers!

Oh, I thought that's what wrapping was? With the "..." bit in the middle.

Guest Deeswift

Yes, it was kind of you. I was aware of his bassplaying from Bela Fleck, but I never picked up any of his solo stuff until you reminded me about him.

For the last few years I got heavily into fusion, jazz and progressive rock, all instrumental, of course. Examples of what I listen to are Planet X, Return To Forever, CAB, Weather Report, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Dennis Chambers, Victor Wooten, Chick Corea, Derek Sherinian, Keith Jarrett, Jan Garbarek, Herbie Hancock, Roy Haynes, Stanley Clarke, Tetsuo Sakurai, Virgil Donati, Tony Macalpine, Greg Howe, Allan Holdsworth. It's no suprise I went full circle and got back into prog, it was one of the things I was brought up on as a 70's kid. I also listen to some rock, but not bullshit rock music. I'm talking more along the lines of Liquid Tension Experiment, which crosses right over into prog anyway.

Jazz has nothing in common with scratching, regardless of what some people think. I have no idea how the two genres can be compared, but they are. Maybe because they're both "abstract" forms of music...

I got myself "Light as a feather".. It's by far one of the most beautiful jazz records I've heard in a while, but what do I know about jazz anyway? I don't listen to Jazz and all the "sub genres" of it that much.. I mean, I like some of Sun-Ra's compositions and stuff so it's not that I don't like Jazz or something.. it's just not my kinda first love when it comes to music genres haha. maybe when I'm older

... especially in the scratch scene it is still kinda trendy to listen to coltrane, miles, sun-ra, ellington, monk etc etc. I know, the artists that I named are legends but I would never ever in my life listen to Coltrane just because it's trendy right now. I think alot of the scratchers just listen to jazz just for the sake of it. they don't get the music at all. I wonder what these cats are like when they sit at home and TRY to listen to jazz records... "YEAAAAAAH THIS IS DOPE AS FUCK, SO MUCH SOUL, OHHH THAT SAX SOLO IS TIGHT BLABLA" LOL

excuse me for writing all this bullsh.. :msn_sarcastic:

Edited by wählt_spartakus