macbook air

paddy

howdy tech folks,

my mac was stolen at the weekend so have to get a new one. it was a g4 a few years old that i bought second hand.

i know nowt about computers but i saw this ad for a macbook air and was wondering does anyone know will this be able to run serato and pro-tools together? seems like a good deal

he is offering a macbook air with external superdrive for €1000 which is £814

"absolutely perfect condition. 1.6 ghz 80 gb hard drive. Battery only has 60 cycles. boxes disks manuals everything included. It was bought in may and still has warranty until next year. It was bought in new york and cost me 1850 dollars. Reason for sale is that i am going to buy an ssd version in new york this month. It will be available from 14th november after i transfer all my information over."

cheers in advance

Is there any particular reason you want an Air, other than it being extremely thin? The regular Macbooks have a better spec, plus the Air has no internal optical drive and just a single USB port. A brand new Macbook (a last-gen white one) with 2GB RAM, a bigger hard drive, optical drive, more USB ports and a faster CPU will cost you about £750 if you buy the RAM and fit it yourself. The only downside to that is the on-board graphics instead of the dedicated NVIDIA graphics chip that the Air has, but for music use that won't make any real difference.

That is a good price for the Air compared to retail though.