audio interface

just looking for an audio interface, need a nice budget one really. i hear u can get em for less than 70 quid easy

all i need it for is recording my records to mp3 and the odd mixtape, so needs to have pretty decent sound quality.

also, a mic input might be nice to record the odd sample or my mates who are mcs etc

any one got any recommendations, or any pointers on what to look for in this type of thing?

cheers !

if you want an internal (pci) one with a 5.25" breakout bay then you can have my terratec dmx 6fire for £35 plus post. it's a great card, full duplex 24/96, riaa preamp, line in/out, mic pre, optical and coax, midi in and out etc... it's sitting needlessly in the family pc at the moment.

shit i forgot to say that its for my laptop, that looks like a great deal that i wish i could of taken you up on but i dont think its compatible is it? dont really know much about these interfaces yet tho

thanks tho man!

ah, oh well, yeah it's not going to work with a laptop i'm afraid :( i can't really advise you on laptop soundcards, i use a studio mixer with a firewire interface. i reckon you're right on price though...