COD4 Map pack review

djdiggla

4 new maps came out yesterday (about $10 for the 4). The download time takes about an hour, but the maps rock!

Much larger and more interesting and imaginative than I would have expected.

The Creek:

This is a massive, massive woodsy map with some tight buildings. Snipers have a field day with this one. It's called the creek or something, but its more of a massive revene (sp) that wraps around with steep and varied terrain. It has a great cave and waterfall you can hide out in If you are not a sniper then I suggest staying in the caves and low ground to pop up and take out camping snipers. You get tore up in the higher ground.

The TV Station (I forget the official name of this map):

I really liked this map... it's like a massive maze of rooms. The scene is a middle eastern TV station that was recently attacked and bombed--everything is still and new and nice but there has obviously been some fighting in part. The cool thing is despite the huge station setting, you can also go outside to fight or snipe from an adjacent building. Some people online didn't seem to like this one much, but I really did.

China Town:

This was most people's new fav. It is a night map with lots of neon signs. You can go in almost every building and there are two stories to all buildings and basements. There is cool flow with lots of back door routes. I like this map a lot, but it feels a little smaller--altho there is enough going on to make it easy to hide. The crazy thing is the style--the china town scene makes it hard to shoot distant enemies or through strange structures of metal bars, etc... pretty crazy.. I think this one will really grow on me when I learn it better.

Kill House:

I didn't play this and my understanding is it is not used in hardcore or deathmatches... I understand it is tiny, tiny, tiny! Like one nade will kill EVERYONE playing. Most people say it sucks, but I know people that love tiny levels and it surely will help you level up quick with lots of kills...

Hope that helps! I think for $10 it's a great deal! Most people playing were saying $10 is worth it for just one of the 4 great maps provided!

Pwn ya when I see ya!

~D~

i think april 10th is boycott cod online day for ps3 users

to show infinity ward our disgust

fuck that tho i'll be on killin foo's

the chinatown map is actually a remake of a favourite

map out of cod2 (carantan town i think)