Jay Z - American Gangster (Wax On Remix)

Wax On

i still love this bro. mix wise it sounds a bit flat generally, which is the best starting point really. the only thing i would do is pitch up the drums a few cents, have a feeling they'd sit better.

would you fancy sending me the individual tracks and i'd have a go at mixing it down? it'd be more a favour to me than you really i'd quite like to approach someone else's track- can't guarantee it'll come out sounding any better than you could do yourself. this isn't a ploy to pinch your samples honest :d

peace

The snare's too "clear" in comparison to the rest of the beat. Basically you should make it a bit dirtier or just a bit quieter, as the kicks are fairly quiet and subby. The bass is very dominant...meaning that I'd take it down a couple of db (eventhough it's a fucking sick bassline). The bongos on the hook are really dope, you could make those a tad bit louder though - but that's a matter of taste. The placement of the accapella is very nice, it's not too quiet and not too loud, i.e. perfect in my view.

The beat is fucking sick though...I mean I've started with criticism, but I'd fucking kill to put out another beat like that again...and when the vocals dropped I almost came in my pants.

So what I'd definitely work on is the snare, it's a good snare, meaning that it could fit to the rest of the arrangement, but you have to work on the levels/compression of it to get it to blend properly as it's too dominant currently.

Nice shizl baby!!!!

Pee.z

• 1 month later...