So fi you could buy any console

Bubba

So that'll be PS6 or 7 for me then.

By then it will probably be the Microsoft Play Station. :p ;)

Sony have said the PS3 will have a ten year life span.

Also the psp streaming is bollox, you have to own a psp (it only has one good game and you can get that for the xbox 360 now) and after a while it hurts to hold it. and why would you want to stream lets say a moive from your ps3 to the psp on it's small screen and crap little speakers? just use a dvd!

I had a psp for a while, after a 3 weeks it never got used so I sold it.

PS3 games are region free, as are PS1 games.

i'm 99% sure that ps1 games are region based, i remember my mate's utter dismay that he couldn't play the need for speed a relative brought him back from the usa...?

the only next-gen console i have is the xbox 360 and i fucking hate it. this thing was built for PC gamers except you get to sit on the couch and you can't play strategy games. every title is a FPS and the japanese game companies hate it.

i wish i got a wii or a PS3.

every title is a FPS

Gears of war, Crackdown, Saints Row, PGR3/4, Dirt, Sega Rally, Forza 2, Assassin's Creed, Virtua Fighter 5 Online, Mass Effect, Oblivion, Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Test Drive Unlimited.........

Yeah every title is a FPS

P.S. when i buy a console i don't care about DivX support or wheter or not the thing will play my mp3s. i want to play good games and i want the games to look good while im playing them.

So the 360 doesn't have good games or graphics? ok.

Gears of war, Crackdown, Saints Row, PGR3/4, Dirt, Sega Rally, Forza 2, Assassin's Creed, Virtua Fighter 5 Online, Mass Effect, Oblivion, Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Test Drive Unlimited.........

GoW is basically a FPS, Lost Planet and Assassin's Creed are both multiplatform.

so you're left with oblivion and mass effect.

those other games are average at best and i would prefer to rent a movie or something.

i would buy a ps3

only because i've got the others

and it would complete my collection muahaaaaa

i love my psp and play on it pretty much every day

same goes for the 360 ( lots of good games on both

but they are all a bit short)

the ds seems mostly aimed at kids but there are lots

of games to choose from and with the r4 you are set

(seen nintys r4 clone? if you cant beat em join em)

i'll cop the ps3 when something good comes out on it

(waiting for killzone & little big planet)

the wii has plenty of games too but not many good ones

resi evil was the last game i played on it, the control systems

good but gimmicky and not really next gen enough

to break the mould i reckon

now what i really want is the

DeeCub3

its my next gen console so dont fucking steal it

its a frame forming a cube and when you pop in

grand forza gotham 22 and step into the DeeCub3

you are in the fucking car

dont bite bitches

GoW is basically a FPS, Lost Planet and Assassin's Creed are both multiplatform.

those other games are average at best and i would prefer to rent a movie or something.

Gears is 3rd person

oh yeah and i forgot about VF5 which is just a port.

VF5 on the 360 is the only one with online play as the PS3 nextwork couldn't handle the speed and had to much lag.

Still the PS3 does have MGS - oh wait only if it sells well................

Ok so I'm learning a lot here. Now help a nigguu out here...the online stuff: Do I have to hook my console up to via a WLAN/LAN network to access that community or does it suck the info in over the TV? I mean I've got a lot of d/l speed at home, but dunno if it could handle online gaming without any lag (and I hate lag)...

Now except for face's criticism it seems as if the 360 has a lot of benefits, and the ps3 would be great, but it's still too young. Sigma thanks for the info regarding what type of 360 to buy.

A console's on my wishing list, but it's not on spot number 1, it's like on place 3 or so. What comes first is a vespa (I've been saving up for one for like two years)...then a new laptop, and then maybe a console.

Oh yeah and regarding the good gaming computer: My studio was updated last year with a dell XPS, that's pretty much got ram for years and an excellent graphic card. I'm just not really into gaming whilst sitting infront of a computer. I prefer the sofa hanging mode, with my cup of tea beside me on a rainy sunday afternoon, if yagetme?

Pee.z

Ever played The Lord of the Rings The Battle for Middle-Earth II... if you liked the first three Warcraft games then you will likely be into it... Get a DS and play Advanced Wars Dual Strike... that's one of the best turn based strategy games ever... there's a new panzer tank one too... not tried it...

Thank god the 360 is heave FPS! That's my jam! Fuck spending 500 hours pretending to be a troll or rolling a ball around to collect shit. The Wii SUX for FPS and the P3 and zip for titles, so THANK FUCKING GAWD... but they also have like 4 tight airplane dogfight games, and basket ball games, Def Jam punch-em-up, football (both American and the fag version), etc!

But of course the Japanese hate the 360! ITS NOT JAPANESE. They are extremely ethnocentric! Sega and Sony dominate in Japan.... Whatever tho... we don't see half their games anyways, so how cares unless your all into RPG faggness. And if that's the case then just grab a pair of 9-sided dice and got to your local middle school.

What comes first is a vespa (I've been saving up for one for like two years)...

:| :| :|

A VESPA!? .....you could get a REAL crotch-rocket for the same price as one of those...

If that's really the look you really want to portray there are plenty of Vespa knock-offs for much cheaper.

Gears is 3rd person

oh yeah and i forgot about VF5 which is just a port.

VF5 on the 360 is the only one with online play as the PS3 nextwork couldn't handle the speed and had to much lag.

Still the PS3 does have MGS - oh wait only if it sells well................

gears of war is basically like a FPS. it was even supposed to be developed as one but things changed in production. without the cover system what do you have??

ANY LAG AT ALL WITH A FIGHTING GAME IS RIDICULOUS.

and i don't know what you mean by the PS3 has MGS "only if it sells well". are you implying that MGS will go multi-platform or something?? konami have said that if you want to play MGS then you are going to have to get a PS3.

Ever played The Lord of the Rings The Battle for Middle-Earth II... if you liked the first three Warcraft games then you will likely be into it... Get a DS and play Advanced Wars Dual Strike... that's one of the best turn based strategy games ever... there's a new panzer tank one too... not tried it...

Thank god the 360 is heave FPS! That's my jam! Fuck spending 500 hours pretending to be a troll or rolling a ball around to collect shit. The Wii SUX for FPS and the P3 and zip for titles, so THANK FUCKING GAWD... but they also have like 4 tight airplane dogfight games, and basket ball games, Def Jam punch-em-up, football (both American and the fag version), etc!

But of course the Japanese hate the 360! ITS NOT JAPANESE. They are extremely ethnocentric! Sega and Sony dominate in Japan.... Whatever tho... we don't see half their games anyways, so how cares unless your all into RPG faggness. And if that's the case then just grab a pair of 9-sided dice and got to your local middle school.

yeah that's cool. but i have no idea what you're even talking about and i doubt you have any more of an idea than i do.

the 360 is basically getting PC ports and a bunch of games that generally all play the same. the last halo was a disappointment. the FPS market is generally regarded as being in decline because every developer is following the same concept for every title.

sega is owned by sammy now?? and dominate what exactly?? and nine-sided dice have nothing to do with japanese RPGs, it took me a second to even try to figure out what you were saying. apparently you have more knowledge of local magic:the gathering meetings than me.

gears of war is basically like a FPS. it was even supposed to be developed as one but things changed in production. without the cover system what do you have??

a 3rd person shooter

and i don't know what you mean by the PS3 has MGS "only if it sells well". are you implying that MGS will go multi-platform or something?? konami have said that if you want to play MGS then you are going to have to get a PS3.

Games cost shit loads to make these days and the studios need to make the cash back that's why so many games go multi console

Konami have also said MGS needs to sell 1millino on it's first day:

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entr...newstop;title;8

yeah that's cool. but i have no idea what you're even talking about and i doubt you have any more of an idea than i do.

explains a lot really

the 360 is basically getting PC ports

It's getting some but what do you expect? it's made by microsoft!

the last halo was a disappointment

The last halo was shite, it should have been called halo 2.5 but even 1 and 2 were shit.

sega is owned by sammy now?? and dominate what exactly??

no they are not and Japan, it's notorisaly hard for any non Japanese manufacturer to break into the japanese market, they like their home grown tech.

A VESPA!? .....you could get a REAL crotch-rocket for the same price as one of those...

If that's really the look you really want to portray there are plenty of Vespa knock-offs for much cheaper.

Dude I ain't lookin at gettin a Kawasaki or Yamaha or sumat, that comes later on in life. What I need is an oldschool vespa for the city (something like this: http://www.vespaclub.com/tecnica/1975-TS.jpg)

So yeah...but thanks for your views though...

pee.z

Dude I ain't lookin at gettin a Kawasaki or Yamaha or sumat, that comes later on in life. What I need is an oldschool vespa for the city (something like this: http://www.vespaclub.com/tecnica/1975-TS.jpg)

So yeah...but thanks for your views though...

pee.z

Link didn't work... I do like the vintage Vespas... not so much the new ones...

I don't know what part you are referring to since i covered a lot of ground... I assume you mean why Japan hasn't embraced the 360... and like I said, Japan, based on my observations from living there, prefer home-grown electronics.

the 360 is basically getting PC ports and a bunch of games that generally all play the same. the last halo was a disappointment. the FPS market is generally regarded as being in decline because every developer is following the same concept for every title.

Yes... that is why it would be called a FPS... all of them will play the same and will be enjoyed by those who like that and not by those who dont...

And all the halo's were disappointments IMO... there are much better shooters out there (Time Splitters, call of duty 2, prey, metal arms, red dead revolver, raze's hell, phantom crash, XIII, battlefront, red faction II, etc...)

sega is owned by sammy now?? and dominate what exactly?? and nine-sided dice have nothing to do with japanese RPGs, it took me a second to even try to figure out what you were saying. apparently you have more knowledge of local magic:the gathering meetings than me.

No matter who it's owned by, the perception remains the same to consumers..

...and yes... dice have nothing to do with any video game... it was a joke. But thanks for the clarification.. ;)

i can't even remember what i was trying to say in my post. i think i was trying to look smart or something (that came off horribly wrong). i think my point was that the 360 lacks variety in games. like the FPS games you mentioned that are better than halo.

come on now. those games are mediocre at best (with the exception of timesplitters and that is only because i am a rareware fanboy).

i guess i just like japanese RPGs and then when i do play other titles i want them to be the best from the genre.

Werd.... yeah, if that's ur thing I would defo get a P3... no Jap developers are doing 360 ish... Me personally, I don't care... I haven't played a RPG since gameboy.

Alright then heres my two cents... I own a wii and a 360 (both bought used by the way for super low prices i might add)

I bought the wii because i had not bought a system since the n64. Games and systems were boring and i could get better graphics on the PC. i got the wii because it was different and it looked promising. Holy crap is it different, and I have to say its alot of fun as well. its even more fun when you have people to play it with but fun none the less. I originally bought it for my gf but somehow it became mine. Games on the wii are so so. Theyre so so in the sense that they only have some really good titles and the rest are just kiddy crap. Zelda, Mario, and Metroid for example are the shit. The wii also excelled with the way you control a game and play a game. All in all Its genuinely fun to play the wii.....BUT and thats a big but.. it doesnt come correct with the graphics, especially for the hardcore gamer in me.

After going over to my buddies house who has a 360... holy crap. The 360 has got it down. one of my other buddies has a ps3 but i just dont like the fact you have to pay so much for something that doesnt really have a huge game catalog. Anyway, i ended up buying a 360 because I was at my homeboys house and we had a little bit of cheeba in the system, he busted out assassins creed and i had to have a 360. The graphics are crazy good and they have a lot of games you can play and not get bored of. paying to play online sucks but its got hella people online so that makes it worth it. Because the wii does not have as many people.

Now to the comparison. You cant really compare them hahaha. Theyre totally different. One thing i did find funny was, after seeing all these great shooting games on other systems i shopped around for something similar i could play online on the wii. This was before I had a 360. So i bought Medal of honors: Heroes 2. Wow that was a fun game, graphics suck compared to lets say call of duty 2,3,or 4 but the way you play the wii version is alot more fun. Just having the wiimote and nunchuck and the different ways you can actually interact with the game make the wii a definite plus. I just wished they made a 360 with the wii's controller system (which will probably happen). Anyway as great as the call of duty's look and sound on the 360 the wiis shitty graphics medal of honor game in my mind kicked the 360's ass in the fun department. So the lesson of this story is dont do crack and you should really try them out somewhere anywhere before you buy.