Glue?

Steve

Guest Deeswift

What is it you're wanting to stick? If it's nothing too heavy, PVA (AKA UniBond) might do it. Just trying to think of something odour-free and that's all I can come up with. PVA is suprisingly strong.

Well tomorrow, me and a mate have to remove all these rubber grip strips from a set of staircases and stick them down again. At the moment, the glue that's on them isn't sticky at all - they just slide left and right cos the glue doesn't stick to the aluminium. It needs to be odour free cos the staircases will be in use all day and it's a health and safety issue. It's a pain in the fucking arse to be honest!

Guest Deeswift

I'd ask in a hardware store or something. I've used rubber and aluminimu in a few building projects before but never stuck them to each other. I reckon Unibond might do the job though.

It is to be honest, but it's worth a lot of cash if we can do it right (although more for my mate than me :angry:). We tested a couple of adhesives today, but they stank to high heaven and wouldn't set right. I'll pass your suggestions on to my mate in the morning. Cheers doods.

i used to do that for a job, we used to make the ruber inserts, when we were sticking rubber to ali or brass we used this double sided stickey tape, we never used glue, always double sided stickey tape

Well tomorrow, me and a mate have to remove all these rubber grip strips from a set of staircases and stick them down again. At the moment, the glue that's on them isn't sticky at all - they just slide left and right cos the glue doesn't stick to the aluminium. It needs to be odour free cos the staircases will be in use all day and it's a health and safety issue. It's a pain in the fucking arse to be honest!

Actually Stax may have a good point here. My father has some bastard strong double sided tape, I used it when the rear-veiw mirror came loose on an old Golf I used to rag. It wasn't like tape, more like a roll of silicone gum -like covermount CD glue, but much, much stronger.

If it wasn't so cold I'd head down the garden to the garage and see if I can find out what it was called (I'm staying with my folks at the mo)