Audio Innovate AEM 100

OK-

So originaly when this mixer came out, I thought it was a big fucking joke, but now I feel that its the savior of the midrange mixer market.

First of all, its got great reviews on skratchworx - easily comparable to the SA-5 and well above the misereable Vestax 05-III. Second, I really believe this company is commited to innovation - after all, they're the only ones to have understood the power of the Pro-X and actually included it in their mixer. I have spoken to some of my respected DJ friends who have used it and they've been really impressed.

Here are the SkratchWorx articles:

AEM 100 review

SA 5 review

AEM 100i preview

What do you guys think? I hear a lot of people asking for midrange mixers, but the 707 is gone and the Sa-5 has fucked up distribution (and it even be a worse mixer than the AEM 100). Would you consider the AEM 100 as a lower price option to a Rane/909?

I have an AEM-100i and it's really nice. It's got rid of those fader cuts buttons and got some upfader curves.

The upfaders aren't anywhere near as good as the Pro X-Fade, so people who cut loads on the ups will probably wear them out fairly quickly.

It sounds decent and the effects are fun.

The Skratchworx review is finished though there isn't really much to say different from the original AEM-100 review.

Although overall it feels like the sound of the mixer is missing some top end - I keep reaching for the high eq for a little boost. I might run it through a Rightmark audio test to see what the frequency response is like. I'm probably just used to my SA-5 too much.

Guest pokemon sauce

isn't quite beautiful?? it looks like shit and the upfaders are spaced way too far apart.

After checking it out for a bit though, its not as ugly as I originally thought.
you can say that about anything though, like i think that my hand looks like Christina Milian's ass when it clearly dosen't..

and well above the misereable Vestax 05-III.

if by miserable you mean totally awesome then i agree with you. good quality, excellent stock faders, effects loops/sampler, old-school aesthetic. this mixer kills everything in the mid-range price bracket.

Edited by pokemon sauce