DJ Excess?

Steve

Oh yeah, I was meaning to tell you, I just started really practicing tears, and man, let me tell you, they do really help with hand control like you stated. While my tears really frickin' suck, no, seriously, they suck, my control is building and as a result, I'm getting more torque with my cuts. I'm just trying to tear without making any noise after I finish one full tear. Like, I'll do a push, pause, push (forward), then one reverse and then try and keep my hand steady so it doesn't emit any sound, but I'm barely getting it, barely...like one out of 4. All in all, I need more record control (where I can stop on a dime and hold it without making a sound), and thankfully, the tears are the answer.

That's it.

Peace.

Guest Deeswift

Hey keep it up with those tears man, there's nothing better for learning hand control. My forward tears are still weak though, but now I just accepted it. As for me cutting, well I just got back on there after a few months off, but now my decks are set up full time so I have no excuse. I have been practicing a little bit (in between decorating the new house) but I suck. It's always the case though. Before this I had about 2 years off, so you can imagine how rusty shit gets. Just kinda getting a few old techniques back now, so if you hear me cut, don't expect miracles... yet!

It'd be good to hook up with you if you are ever on there. Post your username on the uh... Skype Username thread, or PM it to me, and we'll get it onnnnnn!

So... you gave up puffin again! Haha, man, every time I talk to you it's the same old thing. If it's on and off, that's cool though, as long as you get the shit done that you need to, it's all gravy. Rock on Justin.

BTW, I joined at your board. I'll stop by and harrass you from time to time, OK?

Yeah man, I must sound like one of those never ending loops when it comes to quittin' herb. It's definitely been the biggest challenge of my life. Tomorrow will be 3 months clean, well, off the herb. It was pretty tough the first couple weeks, now it's pretty easy.

As far as Skype goes, I need to hook that ish up. Do I need to dload something first? I assume I do. I'll check out their site here eventually and get all hooked up, plus my uname. Once I do, I'll PM you the info.

Oh, and about the tears, yeah, the reverse ones are easy, but dang, those forward ones are a bitch. I'll tell you this though, man, they really help out building hand control and torque. I'm starting to get a higher pitch now with my other cuts, and again, more control. My tears are still weak as funk though. All in due time.

Aight, peace.

BTW - I had a browse around your website for a few minutes the other night. Very nice work mate.

Oh man, I totally forgot to say thanks for the compliments. THANKS. Yeah, I take my work very seriously, so it's always nice to hear some appreciation.

Aight, I'm out. Peace.