So... I've just ordered an SA5

dextrous

• 5 years later...

I know i'm raising a thread from the dead here but my sa5 fader has gone all fuzzy when cutting in, it's the same thing as what happened on my old one.

I've got a pro x fade sitting in my 06 but the last time i put a pro x fade in my sa5 it coincidently (maybe) killed the mixer. Either the metal filings got in the circuitry from when i modded the slot for the fader to go in (with a file/rasp) or i read somewhere theres a difference between a fader being 50k and 100k and this may have caused the problem. I have no idea what the difference means though.

Just a bit worried about putting the pro x fade in another sa5. Any help would be appreciated.

Gonna be looking at modding the sa5 too, post about that later though.

Thanks for the link, can't get on it at work though, its banned under culture/education. Haha nice one. I'll check it later.

I've been looking at the mods, and there's one for bypassing the resistor on the bottom of the p+g fader that comes with the mixer so i can get a better cut-lag. For the life of me I can't find a walkthrough/guide anywhere for it!

Anyone?

Guest Symatic

If I recall correctly, and I probably don't, you can disconnect one of the cables from the fader/board to bypass the digital cut adjust which sorts out the decay. Apologies if this is bollocks.

i wonder if theres any way i can do this to my numark sm-1. the decay on that is bollocks even with a pro x in there. prof. bx from skratchlounge said it was to do with an optocoupler, whatever that is