Grand Central Records is no more

broma

yea i kinda know what you mean. one of the problems for me was that alot of it sounded the same, regardless of the name on the sleeve, fingathing and riton being the exceptions imo but i still like some of the early rae & christian and aim stuff. the central heating comps were cool too.

Yeah it didn't quite have the bite or diversity of Ninja Tunage but I think of it as the number two label in that kind of approach - mostly hip hop orientated stuff, but delving into electronic and others. The Broadway Project album of last year I thought was one of the best of their releases, and the QNC album is pretty good as well. Even if some of their stuff did sound a bit samey, it's the kind of label that isn't easily replaced.

haha, nice. stupid thing to say on mark rae's part, especially since the funky fresh few album had uk emcess on it. i don't agree that all of it was half baked though, some good tunes they released, hardly boundry pushing or anything but good all the same.