another need a laptop thread...

Guest Vekked

Guest Vekked

www.ncix.com

I wanna get a laptop, I heard that place is good, my budget's $1000, I need it for school, recording, and wanna run dj decks... what should I get?

pz!

Guest Vekked

werd, I'm definately grabbing an external card, that's why the budget's $1000, so I have like 3-400 for a soundcard... but yea, are the lenovo's better than acer/toshiba? I've just never heard of them...

Guest Vekked

looks pretty nice, I'm kinda of confused though, ok, is the 512 ram in one slot or 2x 256? cuz I want at least a gig of ram, so I dunno if I should get 512 or a gig or ram... there's not much info on ncix, and also, I dunno what kinda ram it needs, like when I go to memory, there's like 20 different types, I dunno what works with what computer :|

thanks so far tho

I dunno where you live brah, but if ur in the states or canada goto best buy. they have some sweet sales going for laptops;

899 cad for this:

"Compaq Presario V3010CA AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual Core TL-50 14.1 1.6GHz Laptop 512 MHz ddr ram"

hell of a deal to me for 899 cad

check the us web site, they have some other sweet deals too

Don't get an Acer, IMO, unless it's not going to be moved much.

Be sure to get a Pentium. The turions are OK but the Intel chips kill them for power usage, which is what counts in a laptop.

Don't go bleeding edge. Spend less, get a better built laptop, especially if you have a desktop anyway.

Search for the other laptop threads.

Oh, and try not to get a notebook that's likely to explode...

Guest Vekked

yo, I might pick up that lenovo cuz I got another $50 off for being on their mailing list, so it's only $889 now

btw, this is going to be my primary computer for school/recording/dj'ing basically, won't have a desktop

btw, this is going to be my primary computer for school/recording/dj'ing basically, won't have a desktop

All the more reason to go quality over quantity.

Good example: my buddy Nick (guy I used to liove with) runs all the IT for a solicitors firm in York. They have 10 Acer laptops and about 30 Sonys. The Sonys are pretty much as-new after a year; every single one of the Acer laptops are missing at least one key, some as many as five.

To be fair, people don't treat company laptops as well, plus they travel a lot, but in any case I reckon that's pretty pathetic. Just goes to show you get what you pay for -buy a decent, slower laptop rather than a cheap one.

I'm only using Acer as an example of a cheap laptop. I know nothing about Lenovo. Get some proper opinions from owners first.