Do you take things seriously?

Steve

Teaching can be frustrating though. I wouldn't get pissed off if I was being paid a wedge of cash just to scratch and mix at a club, but I would probably get fed up of showing others how to do it.

I thought you rent out your arse anyway Loop? Business a bit "slack" at the moment is it?

Do you guys take being a DJ or making music seriously, or is it just a hobby? What do you aim to do with your skills (if anything)?

serious? nah..

i get no where taking it serious. when i stopped taking it serious i started to learn some really cool tricks... it's definitely not a hobby, a hobby to me is collecting baseball cards. i dont collect baseball cards nor do i collect records like cards. i merely love music, love mixing, and blending sounds. i'm not trying to revolutionalize the industry or become the next ricci ruck either... i guess what drives me is the fact that i dont wanna be 'a sucka dj' if ya know what i mean?

I take music as serious if not more serious than anything in my life. My jobs, my girlfriend, my personal life, all has to revolve around my musical life. I have band practice every Tues, Thur. and Sunday. Usually we will have a gig on a Friday or Saturday. So that 3 to 4 nights a week everyweek with the band. I try to make it an effort to go to the studio 7 days a week. I can go in there bymyself crank up the tables and work on a mix or a scratch track. Its nice. No distractions. Without music to me is to be without sanity. Everyone around me knows that so they understand and encourage. The fact that I can make at least enough money that all my equipment and rent for the studio pays for itself helps my and my parents sleep at night. I feel like I might have what it takes to make this a full time job. One thing I have learned in my thirteen years in the music game is that its only 50% about the music. Only 50%. The rest is either your hustle, you marketing, your image, your passion, etc. So if you have have your music perfect your still only half way there. If you suck at music but you got the hustle down, your half way there. I will die with music as the main focus of my life. Wether I'll be rich or homeless is yet to be seen. I went to school so can get decent jobs.

end of rant...

What I am saying is that taking the music seriously and making money with your music are two different concepts. Whatever fulfills you fulfills you. Just because one person feels they need to make millions and speak to the world doesnt mean its wrong to want to just have a good time spinnin records at the house. I like skate boarding from time to time but I wouldnt fathom being a pro skater. It doesnt discourage me. I setmy own lil goals and accomplish them one at a time.

ens of rant pt. 2