MP3CUE WINAMP PLUGIN

Steve

This is a wicked plugin. I use Exact Audio Copy to rip mix CDs to one big mp3 file. At the same time, it creates a cue sheet which contains all the track information for the ripped mix. If you play the mp3 in Winamp, you'll get one long track, but with the mp3cue plugin you'll get information about each separate track and you'll be also be able to skip between tracks. It looks like this when fully expanded: -

mp3cuea.jpg

Even though the mix is one big 101MB mp3, you can still see all the separate tracks in the bottom window and skip between them. You can also change the skins and views. I have mine like this most of the time: -

mp3cueb.jpg

The advantage of using the cue sheet method is that there are no gaps at all between the tracks because the CD is ripped as one long file. Winamp with this plugin and foobar2000 read the cue sheet information so the mp3 appears as if it's separate tracks. You can also burn a disc image in Nero by selecting the cue file and the mix will be split into separate tracks, again with no gaps.

The Winamp plugin is available HERE.

It's the latest one mate. Version 5.08e Pro. I use the classic skin which makes about 10MB of difference to the memory usage. The mp3cue plugin adds a bit to it, but it's still only 2.5MB in total when playing a file.

The new version has several improvements and security fixes over the old ones.