Samsung 700T (the first Windows 8 tablet/PC)

Steve

Some pics of this thing: -

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Specs: -

11.6 inch multi-touch screen

Core i5 CPU

4GB RAM

64GB SSD

All the usual connections a PC would have (USB, HDMI, ethernet and what not)

It's a prototype model though, so I don't know if it'll be released in that form and with those specs.

When they can get these things below $200 I'm down but I can't shell out more for something that does what my phone does (minus making phone calls). U gonna get a tablet ever?

I don't see what I would do with a tablet mate, so probably not.

I like the idea of having the wireless keyboard and the stand so it's like a regular PC, then being able to pick the screen up and use it as a tablet, especially as it's running a "full OS", but 11.6" is too small for a desktop screen and a 24" screen is too big to have sitting in your lap.

Maybe one day when they're dirt cheap I'll get one just to get one, but for now I'm just not bothered about them. I think I might cop a Kindle at some point though, cos I bought one for my dad and I really like it because of the screen.

It's just about the screen for me with one of those readers. I've not seen any decent competitors to the Kindle on sale in the UK, although maybe there are some. You can download software that'll convert most files to display on a Kindle if necessary too.