Repair DJM-S9 Crossfader

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rasteri

rasteri
  • Elite Member
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:35 PM

I had a DJM-S9 through the shop today, and was surprised to see there aren't any crossfader replacement guides on youtube, so I thought I'd make one.

Bonus vid - trying out some finger drumming on the pads. Always wanted to see how suitable they were for drumming but neither of the the two people I know who own an S9 would let me try it (fuck knows why).

I'm probably gonna do another video going into more detail about the magvel fader. Spoiler : it's a massive Rane ripoff.
  • savwar, JHouse, Deft and 3 others like this

#2 JHouse

JHouse

the strong silent type

• Elite Member
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:32 AM

Fuck yeah rasteri, that ish was dope.

#3 MadAbbott

MadAbbott
  • Elite Member
  • 544 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:58 AM

Wow thanks Andy, now I feel prepared when the inevitable day comes....

#4 Symatic

Symatic
  • Elite Member
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:21 PM

VOTE RASTERI

• DJ Rock Well and danswift like this

#5 Jon

Jon

Oh HAI Wax0N btw!

• Elite Member
  • 8,236 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:41 PM

How much are the stem parts out of interest Andy?

#6 rasteri

rasteri
  • Elite Member
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:13 PM

The shop gets them for around £45 wholesale, after VAT/shipping/our cut they're closer to £65.

Infinity faders are another option but they're probably >£120 by the time you get them imported.

I'm trying to persuade my boss to buy in bulk and hawk them on ebay, which should bring the price down even more.

#7 Jon

Jon

Oh HAI Wax0N btw!

• Elite Member
  • 8,236 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:53 PM

The shop gets them for around £45 wholesale, after VAT/shipping/our cut they're closer to £65.

Infinity faders are another option but they're probably >£120 by the time you get them imported.

I'm trying to persuade my boss to buy in bulk and hawk them on ebay, which should bring the price down even more.

thanks, good to know there's another option other than the infinity fader (which seems like a great product but waaaaaay too much money).

#8 watzz

watzz
  • Elite Member
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:09 PM

Skills to pay the bills!

Black Labs matter

#9 Dubba Dutchdj

Dubba Dutchdj

Daves cuttin stare

• Elite Member
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:52 PM

I remember moaning about the £12 it cost for a new P&G fader stem.....

All the trouble pio went thru designing the nifty p lock cap system but they manufacture the most important piece of the xfade out of inferior metal, derp.

Andy that is some boss level hotcue pad action there dude, kudos! And what the feck is up with dudes you know who own an S9 but won't let you finger bang it, fucking odd.

ETSG 3 is dope, It made the watch words for last nights cuts in Rye - "Fuck attack"

#10 rasteri

rasteri
  • Elite Member
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:32 PM

I think they fixed the breakage problem with the newer (DEA1052) revision of the slider. Only time will tell though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users