• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JHouse

JHouse

DV Tattletale

• Elite Member
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 09:50 AM

I'm seriously considering their hosting services for my website clients, namely 'cause DV loads super fast and has minimal, if any issues, etc.

So, got some questions for you buddy:

Are you happy with them?

How is their support?

Have you seen any loading problems?

How long have you been with them?

Do they have annoying ads/popups in the cPanel section?

I just moved hosts, but I'm getting periodic 500 Server Error notices when loading client sites sometimes, plus some of my emails aren't coming through. That said, contemplating a switch to something solid. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks blood.

#2 Steve

Steve

Je suis Charlie

• Team DV
  • 39,427 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 10:18 AM

It hasn't always been plain sailing with Bluehost, but for quite some time now I've been happy with the service. It's been a long time since DV had issues with downtime or noticeably slow loading that didn't clear up rather quickly.

I haven't had a reason to contact support for a good while, but when I have they've always responded quickly. I have felt like they were passing the buck sometimes, insisting that a problem didn't lie with them when it seemed clear that it did.

The only issue I have with the site now is that Bluehost limit the rate at which we can send email, which is not uncommon for web hosts, but it's a bit of a pain still. I believe at one point we were limited to sending 50 emails per hour max, so if I sent out a mass email to all site members I'd have set a really slow send rate and it would take many hours to complete. I think the basic limit is now 150 per hour, but they will raise that a bit more if you contact them about it.

I think we've been with them for about 10 years. Perhaps a bit more. I've not noticed any annoying ads nor pop-ups in the cPanel section.

The hosting is cheap, but based on the performance in the last few years - while bearing in mind that DV doesn't have a huge number of active users! - I'd recommend giving them a try.

#3 JHouse

JHouse

DV Tattletale

• Elite Member
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 05:23 PM

Word man, thanks for the extensive write-up...just the information I needed to hear.

My only crit with them, thus far, is they don't accept support tickets anymore, it's all through Chat or Phone. I tried waiting for them via a chat session, but after an hour, nothing. Still though, I'm inclined given the DV site loads ridiculously fast, which is my main concern.

Peace.

#4 Steve

Steve

Je suis Charlie

• Team DV
  • 39,427 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 05:50 PM

Ah, that sucks about the tickets. I had no idea. Sounds like they've scaled back on support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users