new iPhone!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 joeClockwork

joeClockwork
  • Elite Member
  • 656 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 12:39 PM

I've been an Android user since the Galaxy S2. I would never switch to iPhone but only because I'm used to Android and can't arsed to re-learn everything.

Holy shit. Not even Bitches With Whips prepared me for that. 

#22 rasteri

rasteri
  • Elite Member
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 01:36 PM

I switched to an iPhone just before Xmas and I fucking hate it. The answer to all of my "how do you do X" questions has always been "you can't - Apple won't let you".

Although I suppose they aren't for leet superusers like myself who want to do advanced things like change the alarm snooze length or copy files.

• djdiggla likes this

#23 Steve

Steve

Je suis Charlie

• Team DV
  • 39,392 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 01:52 PM

I'd wait and see what comes out between now and Apple announcing the new iPhone.

The Galaxy S8 is so close to being a 10/10 phone for me, but the placement of the fingerprint reader is enough to put me off it.

#24 DJ Rock Well

DJ Rock Well
  • Team DV
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:20 PM

I switched to an iPhone just before Xmas and I fucking hate it. The answer to all of my "how do you do X" questions has always been "you can't - Apple won't let you".

Although I suppose they aren't for leet superusers like myself who want to do advanced things like change the alarm snooze length or copy files.

I've got n3xt l3v3l way of controlling snooze time lengths - when your alarm goes off for the second time and you're not yet ready to rise, you simply press the snooze button again! This process can actually then be repeated until you are ready to wake up.

I'm the same as Joe but the other way round - I've always had iphones and I find it hard enough to cope with an OS update, so a full change would break me. I definitely think Apple have gone downhill a bit over the last 2-3 years though.

• djdiggla likes this

#25 Deft

Deft

DOS Commander

• Elite Member
  • 2,476 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:03 PM

I'd wait and see what comes out between now and Apple announcing the new iPhone.

The Galaxy S8 is so close to being a 10/10 phone for me, but the placement of the fingerprint reader is enough to put me off it.

I was reading a review of the S8 today - seemed like they screwed the pooch with the fingerprint jobbie. And some cuntish virtual assistant.
So we are back to iPhone and maybe a Pixel 2. Whatever it is I want it to cost over a grand.

Real DJs use SL1200GAEs

#26 danswift

danswift

007 INCH

• Elite Member
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:07 PM

I really don't understand all the fuss about the iPhone because literally everybody i know who has one constantly slags them off then moans like fuck saying that they wished they had never bought the damn thing in the first place .
Symatic on O9 May 2016-08.49 PM said
oh dan you filthy bastard why open such a nerd can of worms to a bunch of beat perverts like you find on here ???
https://soundcloud.com/user-58305257

#27 arkei

arkei

CORNHOLIO

• Elite Member
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:09 AM

My wife is a Mac-User since she came to Europe. I enherit her old iPhone, once she gets the newest. To me it don't matter that their OS is different then the others, as I only use it to make phonecalls (fuck going into the internet with these eyecancer-giving devices). When you text and press the space-bar twice, it makes a full-stop. That's the only trick I know...

What I like are the AirPods (bought a pair for the missus). They sound nice when listening to cheesy mp3 via Bluetooth.

#28 Deft

Deft

DOS Commander

• Elite Member
  • 2,476 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:18 AM

It's new iPhone day! I think I might get the new iPhone however shit it looks. How's that for careful consumerism. Unless someone can convince me that a new Android phone is coming that will unlock automatically by taking x-rays of my cock.
Also, although I like the idea of a mega screen, I am basically a midget, so how the fuck will I fit a massive phone in my tiny pockets. Bum bag or phone holster?
  • DJ Rock Well likes this

Real DJs use SL1200GAEs

#29 Deft

Deft

DOS Commander

• Elite Member
  • 2,476 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:58 PM

£1150, oh yeah. I'll get a few, good to have backups.
  • JHouse and djdiggla like this

Real DJs use SL1200GAEs

#30 danswift

danswift

007 INCH

• Elite Member
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:49 AM

Apple.

Purveyors of pricey aspirational goods you don't actually need for people who can't even remotely fathom how to possibly live their lives without them.

The end.
  • JHouse likes this
Symatic on O9 May 2016-08.49 PM said
oh dan you filthy bastard why open such a nerd can of worms to a bunch of beat perverts like you find on here ???
https://soundcloud.com/user-58305257

#31 Deft

Deft

DOS Commander

• Elite Member
  • 2,476 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:34 PM

That's the sort of comment I'd expect from someone not worthy to have an iPhone X. Hopefully with all the face-recognition and AI stuff it will soon be that only the wealthiest and best looking people will be worthy enough to unlock iPhones with their beautiful smiles and credit ratings.

• JHouse, djdiggla, DJ Rock Well and 1 other like this

Real DJs use SL1200GAEs

#32 Deft

Deft

DOS Commander

• Elite Member
  • 2,476 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:40 PM

Frankie Boyle nailed it.
"Set your Apple Face ID to your comeface, so that if someone mugs you for your phone they at least have to wank you off first"

I'm wavering a bit in my dream for the new iPhone. Thinking I might as well get a cheap Android and a Rane Twelve instead.
  • Dubba Dutchdj likes this

Real DJs use SL1200GAEs

#33 JHouse

JHouse

DV Tattletale

• Elite Member
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:56 AM

F' consumerism.

#34 rasteri

rasteri
  • Elite Member
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:09 AM

I'm wavering a bit in my dream for the new iPhone. Thinking I might as well get a cheap Android and a Rane Twelve instead.

Chinadroid phones FTW.

My current phone is one of these : https://www.cubot.ne...hones/dinosaur/

Does everything I need (email, facebook, web, games, etc), battery lasts 4-5 days, dual SIM slots, cost me £65.
  • JHouse and danswift like this

#35 DJ Rock Well

DJ Rock Well
  • Team DV
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:09 AM

I don't mind an iPhone on contract, but once we got to about number 6 that was really all I could wish for in a phone.

#36 Dubba Dutchdj

Dubba Dutchdj

Daves cuttin stare

• Elite Member
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:22 PM

Currently on iPhone 6plus, approaching 3 years old but works like new still bar the battery is roughly around 80% of what it was 3 years back. Features wise I don't know what Im missing out on compared with similar priced androids smart phones so its literally jus a couple of key things that keep me an iPhone nob.

Hardware durability, my job is extremely dusty/dirty and can be proper physical, on building site everyday etc..

Camera is pretty shite in low light but Ive yet to see better spec'd android cameras do superior optical stabilisation or decent microphone for filming in extremely loud environments.

My mrs has the iphone7, camera is definitely better but wasn't an upgrade enough from the 6plus so will probably cop the iPhone8 mainly for superior low light filming over my 6plus, not fussed about the measly extra fluff you get on the IphoneX both phones mostly have the same innards.

TBH I'm open to jump ship to android mainly because Im really not that excited by the prospect of loosing jack output but it seems Id have to spend similar money to get similar performance and from listening to friends experience Im unsure if an iPhone alternative would be as durable and have a decent enough mic to capture good recordings in extreme loud environments.

• djdiggla likes this

ETSG 3 is dope, It made the watch words for last nights cuts in Rye - "Fuck attack"

#37 djdiggla

djdiggla
  • Elite Member
  • 18,618 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:04 PM

TBH I'm open to jump ship to android mainly because Im really not that excited by the prospect of loosing jack output but it seems Id have to spend similar money to get similar performance and from listening to friends experience Im unsure if an iPhone alternative would be as durable and have a decent enough mic to capture good recordings in extreme loud environments.

^^Totally. I think i have a 6s or 7 and probably done after this model. They take away a jack and still can't add a micro sd card option. Fuck Apple. I love/hate them and their idiot ideas that they force us to accept. If their product didn't work pretty damn well and if I wasn't already entrenched in their world to the point of it being disruptive if I switched... well... I would have already switched. 

Chinadroid phones FTW.

My current phone is one of these : https://www.cubot.ne...hones/dinosaur/

Does everything I need (email, facebook, web, games, etc), battery lasts 4-5 days, dual SIM slots, cost me £65.

Dude, those seem pretty rad. It do like google hangouts and stuff like that too I assume?

• Dubba Dutchdj likes this

Mr Scruff never tangled with Uncle Phil.

#38 Deft

Deft

DOS Commander

• Elite Member
  • 2,476 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:20 PM

Seems like the headphone socket is being killed on the new Google Pixel phones. Embrace the future people.

Real DJs use SL1200GAEs

#39 djdiggla

djdiggla
  • Elite Member
  • 18,618 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:55 PM

That's so stupid. Why does the tech world think i want to charge more shit. I like having a watch and earbuds that don't run out of batteries!

• danswift likes this

Mr Scruff never tangled with Uncle Phil.

#40 rasteri

rasteri
  • Elite Member
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:08 PM

Dude, those seem pretty rad. It do like google hangouts and stuff like that too I assume?

Yep, it comes with a more-or-less stock Android, so it has all the google apps. Camera's a bit gash but not too bad really. I love the thing, best phone I ever owned.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users