Photo

iOS devices suitable for Audio production?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 DJ Rock Well

DJ Rock Well
  • Team DV
  • 6,962 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:48 PM

Not even vaguely possible - if it was mine it would still be sat on shelf gathering dust and rust :)

I've already had far more enjoyment from listening to you use it than I ever would've got out of it any other way.
  • danswift likes this

#62 Jam Burglar

Jam Burglar
  • Elite Member
  • 753 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:10 PM

I kind of want a tape delay to mess around with. 

Right now I'm using this and it's pretty cool.  It completely analog and has stereo ins and outs so it works nice with your standard DJ mixer EFX loop.

I can't get the same really long delays as I can with my Boss DD-20 but the Rockman sounds cooler.

SE.jpg

• DJ Rock Well, Mutis Mayfield and danswift like this

#63 danswift

danswift

007 INCH

• Elite Member
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:36 PM

The Rockman effects were the brainchild of Tom Scholz,the guitarist from the band Boston.

The original Rockman multi FX units were pretty dope too,the amp simulators and chorus effects on those things are really nice sounding,I used to run one of the first ever Rockman's with the signal split between an old Fender Twin reverb combo and Roland JC 120 amplifiers back in my live band gigging days.

Hehe-somebody needs to post that derailed train gif in this thread I reckon. :p

(Analogue still wins though.)
  • Jam Burglar likes this
Symatic on O9 May 2016-08.49 PM said
oh dan you filthy bastard why open such a nerd can of worms to a bunch of beat perverts like you find on here ???
https://soundcloud.com/user-58305257

#64 Mutis Mayfield

Mutis Mayfield
  • Elite Member
  • 432 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:45 PM

I love the fader for feedback and echo time. It’s part of the mods I wonder for the monotron delay.

#65 Flexinoodle

Flexinoodle
  • Elite Member
  • 710 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:53 PM

I absolutely despise tape echo, reminds me of dub nights, which remind me that life is actually not that important and i should cut my wrists as fast as possible.

That's me in the corner ? I said RME not REM dickhead !!

#66 Jam Burglar

Jam Burglar
  • Elite Member
  • 753 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 04:47 PM

The Rockman effects were the brainchild of Tom Scholz,the guitarist from the band Boston.

The original Rockman multi FX units were pretty dope too,the amp simulators and chorus effects on those things are really nice sounding,I used to run one of the first ever Rockman's with the signal split between an old Fender Twin reverb combo and Roland JC 120 amplifiers back in my live band gigging days.

Hehe-somebody needs to post that derailed train gif in this thread I reckon. :p

(Analogue still wins though.)

The nice thing is that Scholz (apparently) didn't like how a lot of efx limited the frequency range so he designed his stuff to have more range. Seems to translate pretty well for DJing.
  • danswift likes this

#67 PortableModManiac

PortableModManiac
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:25 AM

I don't know if this helps but I recently got my iPad setup complete by using the old M-AUDIO M-Track with the powered USB adapter and the app AUM to handle the routing and recording. The manual states that it isn't iOS compatible but it is if powered. I have had it for ages and got it for cheap but it seems that it has been something that pulled it all together for me trying to make music live with Ableton Link on different devices like the MPC Fly and Serato DJ. I am a hobby musician so I am aware that I am using the worst equipment wrongly too but I share what I find so I can remember it myself!

#68 Mutis Mayfield

Mutis Mayfield
  • Elite Member
  • 432 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:02 PM

@PortableModManiac check the topic from the beginning and you will find useful info about launch controllers and iOS ;)
  • PortableModManiac likes this

#69 PortableModManiac

PortableModManiac
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:06 PM

@PortableModManiac check the topic from the beginning and you will find useful info about launch controllers and iOS ;)

Ha I had read it but I got a bit lost with some of the terminology. I have a mental block when it comes to trying to follow tutorials and guides so I end up just plugging things in and seeing what happens. I did get a new toy to play with from the second hand store yesterday the Launch Control XL which is pretty awesome for the cost.

Still not perfected the midi input on the M-Track. Spent all morning rearranging everything. I hooked the big midi out port from an old M-AUDIO Oxygen 8 to the M-TRACK midi in and AUM seems to recognise the device when I use midi learn... That's as far as I have got so far ha. I am surprised I got that far but it is not a fun task and I can't find the info on the M-Track especially the iOS aspect seeing as it's an antique!

I have to do things with visual guides like pics and videos due to getting hit by a car that forced me to relearn how to relearn which is the reason why I am rubbish at explaining anything so if I am posting without making any sense let me know lol. I only joined here and Instagram to find examples of mods and setups to copy for a vintage record player mod and I ended up learning more than I intended which became a new floor space and bank account draining hobby!

Anyway I hope I can learn from you guys and share SOMETHING useful without annoying everyone with basic and strange questions!
  • Mutis Mayfield likes this

#70 Mutis Mayfield

Mutis Mayfield
  • Elite Member
  • 432 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:16 PM

Take a look into page 2 and 3 which have lots of videos and how tos ;)
  • PortableModManiac likes this

#71 PortableModManiac

PortableModManiac
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:50 PM

Take a look into page 2 and 3 which have lots of videos and how tos ;)

Cheers the videos lead me to find a how to use Groovebox with midi tutorial and saw the iPad might work with a USB hub so I just avoided the midi port idea and went USB completely ha.
  • Mutis Mayfield likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users