Soundforge v5

Matt

I've hooked up my pc and been recording a few mixes past few days, however I don't really no what the settings on sf should be to make a good quality wav recording

I did about 60 minutes yesterday and ended upn with a 2.3 gig file, with glitches in the recording to boot..

any1 advise me on what I need my settings to be?

pz

Generally, wav files are about 10Mb per minute. 2.3Gb sounds too high. I think maybe you're using a very high sample rate. I use these settings: -

Sample rate: 44,100

Bit depth: 16 bit

Channels: Stereo

I don't really see any need to go higher than that for home use. A regular CD is 44.1Khz.

Stick with 44.1Khz, otherwise if you ever want to burn to CD, the file will need to be resampled.

This may be a dumb question, but are you including the Soundforge temporary files in that 2.3gig? Soundforge creates 'working' files along with the file you save.

probably. I was recording at 128000 khz, 32-bit, the file won't compress.

I have learnt a valuable lesson, and will probably have a crack at it again tonight, btw Liam, I would still like the lead.. nearly broke my back humping the computer around this christmas..

Edited by Matt